Your Weather

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 99°f, yesterday afternoon.

This is will be about 12 or 14 days for the afternoon high to be in the 90's. However, the last time for the high 90's was in early June. That early in the year is brutal!

Now, there is some chance for me (& the garden) to adjust. However, I tend to dose off every time I sit down in this Lazyboy. My clue is when I drop this stylus ...

How are things weather-wise in your corner of the world??

Steve

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
It feels like the tropics here, with highs in the 90s and rain every day. High humidity. The forecast for the upcoming week is more of the same. This kind of weather drags me down physically and emotionally.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
to put it in a nut shell................... blood miserably hot and sticky
the last 2 weeks have been in the mid 90's with humidity around 60-70%. at least we will be getting a break today only in the low 90's and 50% humidity. if the forecast holds for the next 2 weeks we will be in the upper 80's..we will take it....

the dw and i got up early and picked and other chores in the garden this morning for about an hour, dw said you know it's humid out here...really is that why i have a river flowing down my back side. dw oh i thought you wet your pants...:lol:

going to get the watering done early today and hide inside for the rest...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
You folks should look at this map! It used to be that I had no idea that "the warmest day of the year" could have such a variable rate.

Shouldn't everywhere warm up about the same? Nope. Weather isn't that simple ... there was something about monsoons in the Southwest ... and, June Gloom on the Pacific Coast.

I'd never thought that it would have such a large effect on dates - when will it be the hottest? I'll post the link because it's the legend that's important to show the dates. Click on the map:

https://www.ncdc.noaa.gov/news/warmest-day-of-the-year

Some of you are well past the average warmest days. Not, @baymule !

:hide Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
the weather patterns have changed since 2010 wonder what that map would look like now in 2016...:caf

Gardening with Rabbits

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had to buy a new sprinkler and it just was not putting out the water the other one did. DH has been working on it and said he has it working, but I had noticed the edges of garden drying out, so watered with hose yesterday. I thought it was the hotter weather causing things to droop, but closer inspection, BONE DRY DIRT.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Weather isn't the same in NE Indiana. Northwest of Fort Wayne is one of the coldest spots. Go 10-15 miles in any direction, you gain heat units. Go figure.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Indiana looks a little like a crazy quilt!

Down on, what's that, the Ohio River (?), there are last week of July dates while much of the state is 3 weeks earlier.

I feel sorry for the people of the Gulf Coast areas during the summer. Maybe it was actually "cool" through June but I imagine that it was just a very slow, gradual build-up of heat. I've only been there during late fall and winter so I don't really know how pleasant/unpleasant early summer is.

Steve

Latest posts