Hello from Detlor Poultry!
My Policy ---
- If something goes wrong under your responsibility, you are doing something wrong and that is all there is to it. No amount of Coccidiostat of Roundup can account for poor stewardship.
- Antidotes are often made from the poison they cure. If two roosters fight, and you let them finish, they will fight and stop permanently. If you persistently break them up, one will eventually kill the other.
- Anything that moves can protect itself. Any good rooster will protect his flock even to point of his own death, and any rooster that does not has no worth. There is no reason or need to contain fowl. I fence off the gardens instead. The garden does not need to roam about to obtain 100% of it's food. The fowls do.
- It is more blessed for plants to thin themselvesout than to weed. This may sound stupid, but a plant that can tough it out and reach for the sun better than its comrads will automatically assert itself. This is immediately good stewardship.
- No human has EVER created a plant or animal. All we have ever been able to do is breed, AR, and genetically influence things. We have never, and will never be able to create a gene or animal. All we have is made by Someone Else. Having said this, what is the justice behind copyrighting plants and genes? Years of research? True, this does warrant merit, but we have never done anything to deserve obtained rights to a genetic stock.
- If you have never tried something yourself, and do not know it very thouroughly, inside and out, and all it's long term and short term faults, do not offer it to someone else.
- The only way to learn how to swim is to be dropped into the water. Why don't chickens lay in the winter? Because most lines have been cuddled over winter with ideal conditions. Why don't plants grow inside without a lamp? Because they have not been bred to. Having said this, I implore you to breed for only the best performers in ambient conditions. Chickens, fundamentally, can lay in winter, and plants do grow in winter inside. It's as simple as selective breeding.
- Molly is the softest, cutest little ducky in the whole world and there is no competition.
- IF you agree with something, believe in something, and enjoy something, it is your responsibility to promote this at all possible venues, and encourage others to join you.
- There is someone who can help you with all of these things. And he is there, day and night, and will help if it is right for you. He can be reached by bowing your head, closing your eyes and talking to Him. He loves you.