a classic bonehead moment

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
after all my planning and setting up I pulled a bonehead maneuver :barnie while planting my pole beans yesterday.......... after planting my first corn patch came inside and grabbed a packet of beans could have sworn it said pole beans.

so off I went to the garden and proceeded to plant them,< thinking to myself dang this is going to be a great 1st crop >. well after cleaning up the barn this morning figured I had some time to kill between rain storms and would tromp in the mud and plant the yellow bush beans in the raised beds. went and grabbed the bean packets and all there was 2 pole beans, looked around and wondered where in the heck is the yellow beans...

yup that's when it sank in looked in the basket I planted 100 yellow bush beans where I was suppose to plant my pole beans :he
so guess we will be canning yellow beans first....

NOTE ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GLASSES WHEN GRABING SEED PACKETS... :lol:

=================:clap what's your most classic moment? :clap===============

NwMtGardener

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
hahaha, you both made me laugh! I will confess to doing the EXACT SAME THING, majorcatfish. Got a different packet of beans one year from my normal pole beans...I swear it did NOT SAY on the packet anywhere that they were bush beans. Took me till they were full grown, and I was wondering when, exactly, they were going to start climbing my beautiful trellis... heh. Never.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We could talk about the time I got to a stoplight and couldn't remember if green meant "Stop" or "Go"....:idunno

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
what's your most classic moment?
Let me go get my wife to answer this
I tried this. She couldn't narrow it down to just a few.

If someone hasn't done something like this, they haven't done much.

One of my moments. Last year I started my peppers about three weeks before my tomatoes so they would be ready to harden off about the same time. At least I got all my peppers started but I also grabbed a pack of mixed "pepper" seeds that Totally Tomato had stuck in my order as an extra. When they sprouted they just didn't look like peppers. Grew pretty fast too. I did notice the seeds were a little small when I planted them but it didn't sink in.

Those mixed "peppers" made some nice Pink Brandywine, some green variety, and black tomatoes.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
See my problem is there isn't enough hosting space on here for her to list them. That and the cramps from typing up a list that long are brutal.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
We could talk about the time I got to a stoplight and couldn't remember if green meant "Stop" or "Go"....:idunno
Now, that worries me. Yes, I can relate a little to that. I don't have very good color vision. When there is a color test to the driver's license, I always miss 1 out of 4. You understand? Color blindness is usually a matter of degree. I went in to school for a big color test once. I missed about the same 25%. I have a little trouble when coming up quickly on a traffic light, recognizing whether it is red or green :rolleyes:.

Okay, I don't have to think much about being a bonehead. I had rescued the flats of asters out of the hoopie yesterday afternoon. So, I'm bringing them back out today. They were in 2 different locations, none very good for spending the day. I say "1/2" because I had set one around the corner, perched on a milk crate.

I'm pulling them out to put back in the hoopie and I can't find 2 flats!! A few moments, and I remember kind of hiding 1 on top that milk crate but, where's the other 1 ??

DW is in the front yard, I go out there and tell her, "I think someone may have taken 1 flat of asters :/. Can you help me figure out what I might have done with it?"

She looks here & there. Then, she opens the shed door. There it was, I had put it in a basin of water moments before I went looking for the "lost" flat that I could find :rolleyes:. As soon as I left it in the water - they were both "lost."

"What is the matter with you?" Sometimes, I wonder . . .

Steve
edited to correct my bonehead diction.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
majorcatfish said:
what's your most classic moment?
Well if it has to be limited to a moment I won't qualify.....

I'm suffering from information overload, I don't really know how humiliated I want to be.

I'll have to get back to you on this....

Latest posts