A good year for peas :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
My photo of todays 1st pick off peas will not compare to @Beekissed 's POW ;) but here they are and we are thrilled. They came home in two grocery bags and overfilled the BIG silver bowl. Guess what we will be doing this evening. ;)
036.JPG
042.JPG

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Peas are a big positive for me as a gardener!

Fortunately, this area is a good one for peas. Maybe a real bad year, 1 out of 15. I don't really know why that is. Commercially grown, peas ... also chickpeas ...

Where would we be without peas, Carol Dee? Oh yeah ... well anyway, we (& You) got 'em!

Steve

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Carol Dee, I'm glad you had a good year for peas, it was pretty poor for me. Usually I put about a dozen packets in the freezer, this year we were able to eat off them maybe three meals and I got two packets. I think my big problem was that my first planting had horrible germination and my replanting was too late into the hot weather by the time they started to produce. This is not good pea country, you pretty much have to hit it right. I didn't this year. Of course with this spring weather I'm not sure there was a right time.

I'm not trying for a fall crop. It's so hot and dry in August when I'd have to plant them that they just wouldn't make it, no matter how much I water.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those look so good! Even though the general consensus is that Southerners only like peas, we love and enjoy green peas too! :lol: