A Hobbit’s Day Out.

Redd Tornado

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Tomorrow is Saturday.:celebrate

<<Feel free to insert "Thank you, Captain Obvious" here>>;)

I'm excited because I work 45 to 60 hours a week. At a job I really enjoy, but not as much as being in my garden.

Tomorrow I am going to plant lettuce and carrots, potatoes, onions and garlic. I am going to start my summer seeds in the greenhouse.
It’s a little late for the potatoes, but I am planting them anyway. I will get a few to eat and many more as bulb/seeds to plant next fall. Around the end of May I will dump my potato bin and gather up all of the tiny potatoes, let them dry off a bit, put them in a paper bag and stick them on the top self of my fridge, in the back. There they will rest until the end of July or mid August when I can start my fall/winter planting.

I ordered peas from Gurney’s, last night. Miragreen. It is supposed to be very productive, and tolerate heat, we will see. Since it’s a hybrid I can’t save the seeds. I figure this will ‘buy me time’ until I figure out a replacement for Wando. I’m curious at to see how far in to the spring these peas will get.

I also ordered an interesting looking yellow squash. Smooth Criminal, also a Hybrid. The squash grows on a stock, supposedly. (Gurney’s # 62753, if you want to look.) Maybe keeping the vine off the ground will stop the SVB (the B**stards). That and Vaseline, aluminum foil, Cap’t Jacks…on and around the stock. It’s an expensive experiment. $3.99 for 1 seed packet.

I ordered a few other things, the usual. Basil, eggplant, more carrots to replace the packets I am going to finish off tomorrow. These items arrive next Monday, which means that next Saturday I get to play in the garden again!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I hope the weather is agreeable so you can get all that stuff done. It seems like weekends are for rain, around here. 🌦

Redd Tornado

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
All the best plans of mice and Hobbit laid to waste by rain.
The Weather People LIED!
They said light rain over night, clearing and sunny in the morning. Never trust meteorologists.
Sigh.

What are you doing?