A Little Green to Cover ..

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
. the Gravel, um Soil!

IMG_20170615_102939.jpg
You can click the pic, if'n you want to.

This is looking from where we can take breaks on the north side of the plum tree. No need for shade, today. The sun never once broke through the clouds.

I may have to wait awhile to separately identify the 4 types of cabbage, Portuguese kale and collards since I'm not sure what happened to the stickers o_O.

Corn is growing and a few of the pumpkin plants can be seen in the top, left corner. Elsewhere, the lettuce is a little further along and we have been harvesting it.

The yellowish plants in the distance are peppers (nearer) and eggplants (farther). They are definitely not enjoying the current cool weather. It did make it to 68°f this afternoon and the days of wind this week came to an end today :).

Steve

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's beautiful!!! Such neat rows...I can never make a straight row to save my soul. My Dad always had razor sharp rows but I never could copy it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thank You

This was all 4' beds until this year and the "thorough tilling job" by the tractor guy. He had done so well setting his wheels in my permanent paths! Oh well, he did a good job at getting some depth, as usual. The depths he achieves is not like previous tractor guys and moving soil onto beds was more important in those years.

I say that my garden is measured by the foot - my foot.

Line of sight is how I straightened things. No strings - they come later where trellises are needed. I can do okay with straight lines for about 50'.

Steve

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ah ...

A little close up would reveal more! The paths along the sprinkler pipes are problematic. Run over them with the tiller; they are wet, flood again when pipes drain, the weeds are transplanted and continue.

There is a fair amount of volunteer cilantro and dill that I avoid killing and tried to avoid with the camera ;).

Steve

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well it looks good, the only way I could have a pic of a weedless garden would be to take a picture of someone else's lol. Ours is not bad but not nearly as nice as yours, or nearly as straight either.

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well it looks good, the only way I could have a pic of a weedless garden would be to take a picture of someone else's lol. Ours is not bad but not nearly as nice as yours, or nearly as straight either.

Thank goodness I'm not the only one! My husband is always complaining even if there are only a couple weeds in the garden. He says, "Just spend 5 minutes a day out there."

Little does he know I spend anywhere from 1-3 hours out there every day. Its just what it looks like. :th

Latest posts