A Peek at Spring

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We've had unseasonably warm temps here lately, but things are starting to chill out again... spring bulbs started to come up, but haven't made much more progress in the last few cooler days/nights.

Here's a small peek at spring for you... she's on her way! I think it will be fun to see just what comes up, and where, in my new yard!

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5152.jpg

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you have about the same amount of gardening space as you used to? Seems like your garden was quite large.

Mary

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hi Mary!
We have fewer acres here (just over 6 here, where we had 35 in TX), but there is more than enough space for as large of a garden as I want to put in. The only established areas in the yard are flower beds around the house and around a two-level pond. So, any garden I put in will be from the ground up. There are at least 9, sometimes 12, deer in my front yard every night enjoying grass, so whatever I decide to do for a garden will have to be fenced... I didn't really have to deal w/ deer in Texas. I need to get a place for the chickens established, and then I can start thinking about the garden. I don't think I will put in as large of a garden as I had in Texas, since there is a very large u-pick farm not too far from the house. I still want to grow my favorite things, but will probably leave things like corn and pumpkins to them. :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I still think about those beautiful troughs you had. Did you have to leave those behind? This weekend we are going up to the wine country and will be stopping at the feed store for chicken feed. I know they have troughs there, so I plan to check them out and hope they are not too pricey. I need to eventually replace 2 of my wine barrels since they are starting to rot.

Mary

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Those were left behind... They were fun in TX, but I didn't DARE bring them to Washington and risk moving up even 1 fire ant. :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the peek of spring! Maybe there is hope... I didn't realize you had moved. I remember your wonderful gardens fondly. I will be looking forward to seeing what you do in your new spot!

Latest posts