A picklin perdicamint

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Janet and i are in the middle o' cannin hot banana peppers with cabbage. We got the jars stuffed, the brine poured in and the jars closed up.While bringin the cookin pot up to a boil we ran out of gas. Anyone ever experience this? I am hoping that we can get new gas in here sometime tomorrow. My question is, what do we do with these jars o' peppers that are ready to cook up.
Refridgerate 'em ? Or are they ok at room temp fer a day er so ?

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'd for sure store in the refrigertor until you get more gas to process them, just to be on the safe side. It sure couldn't hurt em any. However, be sure to bring the jars up to temp BEFORE dropping in the hot water bath (as me how I know this). ;)

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Got a grill? Charcoal or gas either one should help you finish since you are only hot bath processing.

If not, like blu said, keep them in the fridge and warm them in the sink with warm water before re working them.

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
blurose said:
I'd for sure store in the refrigertor until you get more gas to process them, just to be on the safe side. It sure couldn't hurt em any. However, be sure to bring the jars up to temp BEFORE dropping in the hot water bath (as me how I know this). ;)
Oh, i don't think i need to ask you how you know this. See why lol
Two times o' doin this i learned ;)

Picture001Small-10.jpg

janetnjim

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Grow 4 Food said:
Got a grill? Charcoal or gas either one should help you finish since you are only hot bath processing.

If not, like blu said, keep them in the fridge and warm them in the sink with warm water before re working them.
Great idea. I can drag dat grill right into the kitchen and git back to it.
Better yet, i can git out the turkey frier. :weee

Latest posts