a rumor going round ```

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
There is talk ~ here in the mountains of ~ Seven (7) to Ten (10) feet of snow ~ between tonight and Monday ```

I'm not saying I believe it ~ but ~ it could happen ```

The Snowblower is ready ~ maybe I should charge the tractor ~ nah ~ I should know soon enough ~

Maybe I should have made chains for the tractor ~ darn ~ I took off the chains ~ put them in the backhoe bucket ~ and ~ you guessed it ~ buried them when digging ~ somewhere up top ``` Darn ```

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I just read that the old Mt Reba, now Bear Valley, will be getting 6 feet of snow!

I'm going to have to convince my 87 yr old mother not to drive from San Jose to Oregon on Friday/Saturday. Its just too much weather. She will not be happy about having to leave a day or two later.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Bear Valley ~ California ~ skied there ``` Years back ~ dropped off a pair of skis ~ to my cousin ~ off the hill by HWY 99 ~ she said ~ "we're going to Bear tomorrow ~ wana come ```

I skied alone ~ they were down on the flats ~ I saw this run "Grizzly" ~ so I jumped in ~ Part way down ~ camera was set up ~ I stopped and said ~ sorry didn't know ~ No , come ahead says he ``` Nice mountain ~ not very big ``` Right there by : Murphys off 4 ```

Just got this text: Hey. just getting up. You might want to spend some time today prepping for this storm. Get fuel. get the generator running . Get water in pots. Get candles or the lanterns ready. There should be oil in the pantry.

I better get dressed ~ I wanted to work on the van ~ didn't want to start last week ```

Last edited:

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yes, I just read that the old Mt Reba, now Bear Valley, will be getting 6 feet of snow!

I'm going to have to convince my 87 yr old mother not to drive from San Jose to Oregon on Friday/Saturday. Its just too much weather. She will not be happy about having to leave a day or two later.
I am sure that would be a nightmare. Still I would like to experience it once in my life.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, those Sierra Nevada Mountains!!!

I was thinking mean thoughts about @jackb 's chipmunk, Simon a few minutes ago ... ;)

February 28, 2018 100048 AM PST.png

Jack have you checked your Friday forecast?

For us, they have warmed-up the storm coming tomorrow. It looks like mostly it will be rain at this elevation. Perhaps, it will melt whatever snow falls.

Hey, did you know that NY State has a mountain peak above 5,000 feet? I would have never suspected that ...

Steve

@catjac1975 , you might want to check your forecast, also.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
View attachment 24769
Oh, those Sierra Nevada Mountains!!!

I was thinking mean thoughts about @jackb 's chipmunk, Simon a few minutes ago ... ;)

View attachment 24767

Jack have you checked your Friday forecast?

For us, they have warmed-up the storm coming tomorrow. It looks like mostly it will be rain at this elevation. Perhaps, it will melt whatever snow falls.

Hey, did you know that NY State has a mountain peak above 5,000 feet? I would have never suspected that ...

Steve

@catjac1975 , you might want to check your forecast, also.

Yes, I knew about the peak above 5,000 feet. The Adirondack Park is huge and I climbed several of the peaks in my younger days, but no more. My son is president of Adirondack Mountain Search and Rescue. Several times a year they are called upon to search for missing hikers, in fact, there is a search on right now in this area. I take great pains not to avail myself of his services. I just this minute returned from a hike but carry a transmitter in my backpack so they will know exactly where to find my bones.
Winter is not done yet but today I noticed the ice is getting thinner on the lakes. We are getting a few days respite so I put a few olive trees and a cymbidium in the greenhouse until it turns nasty againl, and it will I am sure.

The screenshot below is courtesy of my son as he watches me like a guardian angel.

shaver pond.JPG

mypack.jpg

thin.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts