A Sensible & Compassionate Anti-COVID Strategy

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
The vaccine does not totally stop you from getting covid. If you do get it the vaccine reduces your chances of dying from covid to practically zero. Those odds do not go all the way to zero but pretty close, there will be a few cases. It reduces your odds of being hospitalized to almost zero. It reduces your chances of spreading covid if you do get it some, but not totally. You can still catch it and spread it, that's why they suggest you wear a mask even after getting vaccinated, to protect those that don't get the vaccine.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
With this disease, so many legal inconsistencies. They are slowly making all government facilities illegal to enter without your vaccination card. Since other “normal” diseas3s cause some to die, will they force vaccinations for those as well? Will we prosecute murder if you give a susceptible person a disease that they die of? Follow the money. Watching a show last night and it was mentioned how large of a cash cow it has become.

RebeccaRN

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Screenshot_20210407-125527_Epoch Times.jpg

henless

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Most of Texas is doing good after the mask mandate has been lifted.

My granddaughter has about 6 weeks left of school. She has been going since August of last year. She has had to get about 5-6 covid tests due to coughs or feeling bad. All have been negative. I think it's sad that some kids are still home & not able to go back to school. They are the ones getting hurt in all of this.

heirloomgal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

My granddaughter has about 6 weeks left of school. She has been going since August of last year. She has had to get about 5-6 covid tests due to coughs or feeling bad. All have been negative. I think it's sad that some kids are still home & not able to go back to school. They are the ones getting hurt in all of this.
@henless
I agree with you; there has been a surprising upside to all of this for our family though. School was cancelled last year in early March, resumed the next September and was cancelled again awhile ago. My daughter has been homeschooling with me this whole time, and my son went into an online class in his room. Seeing the stuff going on in his online classroom has been a HUGE wakeup call for me to see what is going on in these classrooms. Unbelievable. It's been an education that I couldn't have had otherwise, and now that I'm aware I don't think my kids will ever go back. So, I'm thankful for that, despite everything.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score

Marie2020

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

Someone I once knew educated her children at home. They both turned out to be clever as adults

heirloomgal

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Someone I once knew educated her children at home. They both turned out to be clever as adults
I can't even begin to describe how much my daughter has blossomed since we started homeschooling because of covid. My children have both had newspaper carrier jobs for 3 years (starting at age 7 and 10, until covid happened), we've been in oodles of after school activities for many years. Plus, our family adopted a puppy - for everyone to care for - almost three years ago too. I kinda felt like I was doing my best at giving them opportunities to learn about the importance and necessity of responsibility. But being away from school has really propelled my daughter especially, into a mature perspective on life that took me by surprise. I come home from grocery shopping and all the dishes are done & house cleaned up, they help unload groceries and put everything away. She's started baking for everyone (without help) making salads to accompany dinner, and cooking the occasional supper for everyone. She even baked my birthday cake this year and decorated for it, though she was never expected to. And her schoolwork, which was always quite good, has become really extraordinary. She's finally begun to read novels (Nancy Drew), which she never was inclined to do and master multiplication. She writes her own essays for fun, and even started a little nature magazine with a friend through the mail. I could go on and on with how great these changes, brought on by covid, have been.

Latest posts