A Sensible & Compassionate Anti-COVID Strategy

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I personally know 15 people who have had C19. Every one of them has recovered well, including my friends 74 year old husband with leukemia.
I won't dispute the fact that many have died. But certainly not in the inflated numbers that have been constantly dinned into us.
I have always seen it as a power grab and a useful tool to keep people in fear.
When people are afraid they can be more easily manipulated. That is definitely being successful.

ETA - Bee we were typing at the same time, and along the same lines. It encourages me when I see that not everyone has drunk deeply from the koolaid fountain.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
So in a few months 2,100 died from flu but over half a year, only 598 died of the big C.
Links, Beekissed?

If these numbers are wrong -- maybe the state and federal government agencies would be appropriate places to contact:

• The CDC has West Virginia with 539 deaths from both influenza and pneumonia in 2018, the most recent year tabulated. LINK
  • The West Virginia Health & Human Resources have 789 deaths from Covid-19 so far. LINK

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I personally know 15 people who have had C19. Every one of them has recovered well, including my friends 74 year old husband with leukemia.
I won't dispute the fact that many have died. But certainly not in the inflated numbers that have been constantly dinned into us.
I have always seen it as a power grab and a useful tool to keep people in fear.
When people are afraid they can be more easily manipulated. That is definitely being successful.

ETA - Bee we were typing at the same time, and along the same lines. It encourages me when I see that not everyone has drunk deeply from the koolaid fountain.

You are not alone, by any means. I'm finding a surprising number of people who have not trusted the news feed since early on in this mess. Even the most dense of my family, those most prone to drama and in and out of the hospital with severe illnesses are not believing all the hype. And that's saying a lot, as they will take any chance at drama and run with it.

There's only one of my nine siblings that are taking a huge bath in the hype, running a covid hype IV wide open into her vena cava, and acting like the sky is falling...but she's always been like that. She's a full blown hypochondriac and LOVES any new illness she can possibly catch, as she's run out of all the old ones....she is and always has been healthy as a horse. Wouldn't come to her Dad's graveside funeral the other day, with an attendance of very few people, because she's afraid of the 'rona. Yeah, that sort of person.

You are not alone, my friend, but on these forums you are seriously outnumbered. That has deeply surprised me, I must say. Especially on this forum.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
And even many more do recover from it just fine. My whole family had it back in January, from littlest kids to my 86 yr old mother. No news reports hyped on the many, many, many who had it, doctored it at home and recovered from it just fine. The fact that no one is talking about those who had it and recovered as per normal for any virus is a problem. When they only talk about deaths, hospitalizations, and stories such as yours, then it causes fear driven reactions by all who listen to the one sided reports.

That fear is even more deadly than the virus, IMO. It has a far reaching trickle down affect that has killed many elderly in nursing homes, many people who couldn't handle the isolation restrictions and committed suicide or other violence against themselves and others, and the loss of aid to other countries that depend on our healthy economy for food and medical services.

Believing all the covid hype has been deadly for many.
Entire families have also died of it. I doubt they would call it hype.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score

It's pretty much hype when both sides of the disease process are not reported equally. When there are little to no reports on how many recover from it and never see the inside of a hospital and no numbers to show the actual survival rate, then it's hyped. That people have died as a result of being sick is not being denied here, but that they have doctored the numbers, doctored the death certificates(had that happen in my own family!) to reflect false deaths from it, etc. is why it's referred to as "hyped".

Do you actually KNOW whole families that have died from it? I mean, personally, on a first name basis and having known them personally, whole families that died? How many in each of these families died? How many actual WHOLE families have died?

It's statements such as that I consider hyped...if you don't know them personally and knew for sure they had no other co-morbidities that attributed to their deaths and that every single family member died strictly of nothing but symptoms of the corona virus, then it's just heresy repeated over and over by people with no first hand knowledge of the truth of it. If you saw it on social networks or the news, you have no way of knowing any of that is actually truth.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Would you please provide link as I could not find such an account on internet search. I did find a woman who lost her husband and son that contracted Covid that were fighting the effects of kidney transplant and asthma.
Here, Covid patients are having elevated temp one day, diarrhea 2 days, 7 days no taste, then fine. On lock down for 14 days from elevated temp day.
No one is saying people haven’t died from Covid. Or pneumonia or flu, or other problems. 50,000+ people die every day with nursing homes at a 50% death rate nationally before Covid. Do internet search, the numbers are very easily found from reputable sites-like CDC.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Would you please provide link as I could not find such an account on internet search. I did find a woman who lost her husband and son that contracted Covid that were fighting the effects of kidney transplant and asthma.
Here, Covid patients are having elevated temp one day, diarrhea 2 days, 7 days no taste, then fine. On lock down for 14 days from elevated temp day.
No one is saying people haven’t died from Covid. Or pneumonia or flu, or other problems. 50,000+ people die every day with nursing homes at a 50% death rate nationally before Covid. Do internet search, the numbers are very easily found from reputable sites-like CDC.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...id-19-family-deaths-and-hardships/ar-BB1aa5Qw. Maybe that is not credible enough for you. The CDC does not divulge such records. There have been multiple stories of many members in a single family dying. It particularly effects black and brown families. If you are a type O blood type, you have a better chance of a mild case. Believe the anecdotal stories told by real families, or not.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's pretty much hype when both sides of the disease process are not reported equally. When there are little to no reports on how many recover from it and never see the inside of a hospital and no numbers to show the actual survival rate, then it's hyped. That people have died as a result of being sick is not being denied here, but that they have doctored the numbers, doctored the death certificates(had that happen in my own family!) to reflect false deaths from it, etc. is why it's referred to as "hyped".

Do you actually KNOW whole families that have died from it? I mean, personally, on a first name basis and having known them personally, whole families that died? How many in each of these families died? How many actual WHOLE families have died?

It's statements such as that I consider hyped...if you don't know them personally and knew for sure they had no other co-morbidities that attributed to their deaths and that every single family member died strictly of nothing but symptoms of the corona virus, then it's just heresy repeated over and over by people with no first hand knowledge of the truth of it. If you saw it on social networks or the news, you have no way of knowing any of that is actually truth.
I cannot believe that you think this is all hype. So if you don't know any casualties, therefore it is not happening? Only in America do we have such little care for strangers.