A Sensible & Compassionate Anti-COVID Strategy

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cannot believe that you think this is all hype. So if you don't know any casualties, therefore it is not happening? Only in America do we have such little care for strangers.

That's how those who refuse to do research like to characterize those who do. I didn't say "it's all hype" and I didn't say death is not happening....it is, just like every other year here in the US. I'm a nurse and was even a hospice nurse at one time, so my "care" credentials are fully intact. My common sense is also intact and it tells me there are far too many discrepancies and lies about this event to believe all of it. Especially when people and institutions are being awarded monetarily to lie and especially when I've experienced those lies by officials in my own family's case, as well as having had the actual illness within my own family.

Here...I'll borrow another drama king's methods and post the definition of "hype" for you and it's an apt description and definition of this current event in the world.

Hype~ extravagant or intensive publicity or promotion. To promote or publicize (a product or idea) intensively, often exaggerating its importance or benefits.

What's doubly amusing is that you'll cite anecdotal evidence on such things but will not tolerate anecdotal evidence to the contrary. You'll only believe what you are hoping to believe, which begs the question as to why someone HOPES this is as bad as they are painting it to be? I believe what I've seen and experienced personally and not much else in this world.

That's why many are referring to this type of thinking as "drinking the Kool-aid"...it's a blind trust in someone or something that has anything but your best interests at heart nor has any of the compassion you say you value. True compassion is truth and I've heard very little of that coming from the CDC, WHO and all the minions involved in this travesty.

It's an illness. It makes people sick. Some people die from it if their health is already compromised in some way, some people don't, even if their health is severely compromised in some way. Much like all other widespread illnesses in the world....no more virulent or less virulent.

What is incredible to me is that so many cannot see the agenda behind the lies about this illness and what those lies have done to the world, in general. I can only conclude that those many are fully willing to be led into anything, no matter how implausible or how many times lies have been exposed, so they will definitely be led there....and they will take all of humanity with them due to their willingness to believe the lies.

And they will bully, beat down or otherwise strong arm those who don't believe the lies until they have no voice at all.....sort of like saying I have no compassion for strangers. You don't know me, you don't know a single blessed thing about me, but because I believe differently about this world event, you will freely accuse me of not caring for others. That's a pretty serious accusation but you are somehow driven to make it....driven by what, one has to ask? Fear because some are not following the herd? Because those not following the herd cast doubt on the herd's decisions about the direction they are going? I'm not sure why, but it seems to be the only tactic you have at this point and I wonder, again, why it matters so very much to you that everyone believe what you believe? I don't feel a pressing need for you to believe what I believe, so what is it? Could you enlighten me on that?

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...id-19-family-deaths-and-hardships/ar-BB1aa5Qw. Maybe that is not credible enough for you. The CDC does not divulge such records. There have been multiple stories of many members in a single family dying. It particularly effects black and brown families. If you are a type O blood type, you have a better chance of a mild case. Believe the anecdotal stories told by real families, or not.

You'll notice the mention of a GoFundMe page on that article. And many, without checking out if ANY of that is truth, will send money. Sorry, but that's not WHOLE families being wiped out and, again, it's just heresy....it's not actually someone you know personally and can verify these claims on. Many, many people are taking advantage of this event to gain attention, money, or both and making claims that cannot or have not been verified.

Multiple stories are not first hand truth or knowledge, it's just the news, once again, trying to paint a one sided picture of this event. Where are the news stories about whole families that have gotten the virus and lived to tell about it, missed minimal work days and are not asking for money because they got sick?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
You'll notice the mention of a GoFundMe page on that article. And many, without checking out if ANY of that is truth, will send money. Sorry, but that's not WHOLE families being wiped out and, again, it's just heresy....it's not actually someone you know personally and can verify these claims on. Many, many people are taking advantage of this event to gain attention, money, or both and making claims that cannot or have not been verified.

Multiple stories are not first hand truth or knowledge, it's just the news, once again, trying to paint a one sided picture of this event. Where are the news stories about whole families that have gotten the virus and lived to tell about it, missed minimal work days and are not asking for money because they got sick?
There are may stories of people who had very little symptoms. These are ones going about their business, and infecting vulnerable Americans. And the virus is not too kind to those who get reinfected. But, that's just news. No first hand knowledge.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
... the majority of intelligent, polite people are tired of all the tension, the strife, the drama~highly unneeded and unnecessary, mind you~of this whole situation... and have no need to discuss it further. We are here, watching and waiting until we can safely participate in this forum once again without all this needless drama and strife.
Wow. Those are lots of words the last few days, strongly expressed on a gardening forum by someone who had no need to discuss this subject further.

I believe what I've seen and experienced personally and not much else in this world
... it's just heresy...
I wonder how much of your emotional response to this pandemic is revealed in what I think may have been a misspelled word.

Perhaps you didn't read this post from a TEG member:

I lost my dad and grandmother last month. Grandma was 92, dad 62. Dad was grandmas primary caregiver, lived next door... He texted me goodbye before he went on a ventilator ...

Perhaps, you have taken some of your arguments to the CDC and the West Virginia Department of Health since, as I pointed out, the numbers you have used on TEG for deaths in your state do not conform to theirs. Perhaps also, you should take some of your arguments to the National Institute of Health or any of the 49 other state departments of health, since they are obviously at variance.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are may stories of people who had very little symptoms. These are ones going about their business, and infecting vulnerable Americans. And the virus is not too kind to those who get reinfected. But, that's just news. No first hand knowledge.

So, those people are accused of infecting vulnerable Americans? Because they had very little symptoms? Seriously? NOW where's the compassion for strangers? So, folks who didn't die or wind up in the hospital are the bad guys of this whole drama? :th

There's no need for further discussion here. It's clear we are speaking a whole different language from one another. Time for the big iggie.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crim...id-19-family-deaths-and-hardships/ar-BB1aa5Qw. Maybe that is not credible enough for you. The CDC does not divulge such records. There have been multiple stories of many members in a single family dying. It particularly effects black and brown families. If you are a type O blood type, you have a better chance of a mild case. Believe the anecdotal stories told by real families, or not.
Did not say whole family died. His Dad did. He was sick. No one disputes that some have died from Covid. CDC shows 250,000 people have died that also tested positive for Covid-not that Covid killed them. 250,000 have also died that tested positive for pneumonia. Neither should be taken lightly. One we shut down the country. One, life goes on.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did not say whole family died. His Dad did. He was sick. No one disputes that some have died from Covid. CDC shows 250,000 people have died that also tested positive for Covid-not that Covid killed them. 250,000 have also died that tested positive for pneumonia. Neither should be taken lightly. One we shut down the country. One, life goes on.
Coincidently today I found out about a lifelong couple that I know. Both were colleagues. One is on a vent, the other is asymptomatic. Another colleague's Mom just died of covid, the Mom's brother is on a vent, and the rest of the family is very sick. But the friend does not have it, just everyone around her. She is devastated. The very sick and the one death are in their early 60's. All from a fairly small town. The news talks about the worst states where the medical staff is suffering, physically and emotionally. Medical rationing is already going on. Lack of ICU beds. Not enough ambulances in the very most rural areas...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score

Karen Nascembeni of Lynnfield Massachusetts survived a serious case of COVID-19 after being put in a medically-induced coma early this spring, when the virus’ spread in the United States was still relatively recent. She was in a coma for 31 days, only to awaken to the new reality of her husband and his father having passed away. Karen's husband was 58.