"A Spring Day In Eden"

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good Morning!

The calendar, and the postings here on TEG, tell me it is spring! I thought that for those of you coming in from your busy outdoor work and for those who are stressed by bad weather, perhaps you would enjoy a little beauty from the English countryside :).

They are scenes from the Eden Valley in Cumbria, near the Lake District in northern England. I think you may enjoy the ponies and, maybe, wonder as I did, how many generations of English farmers made use of that stone barn :cool:. The music is soft and gentle (altho' you may have to adjust the volume a little ;)).

Spring must be almost desperately wished for, and then enjoyed here even if it is beautiful, 12 months out of the year. At 55 North Latitude, the valley has less than 7 hours of daylight in December. . . . quickly doing the math . . . that's 17 hours of nighttime darkness :rolleyes:. When that December sun does rise, it is only 11 above the horizon . . .

I don't know if the flowers will bloom early this year but on March 31st and April 1st, they will be celebrating the "Ambleside Daffodil & Spring Flower Show" on St Mary's Lane, Ambleside. You should still have time to book your room at the B & B :).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOZ246_0orc[/youtube]

Steve

Latest posts