A Wanigan Associate HAS JOINED us here!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

On this site here:

http://www.abeancollectorswindow.com/index.html

I have been avidly perusing Bean varieties to add to my comparitively small collection of Bean selections. I had been so happy to have found this site, and to read that one of the Wanigan Associates still lives.

Some of you might only have heard of the Wanigan Associates in passing mention while looking at heirloom Bean varieties in catalogs such as the Seed Saver's Exchange. Others may have never heard of them at all. An old time Bean collector made some kind of informal association of heirloom Bean collectors, eventually with over a thousand varieties. There were several, I don't know how many in this group of seed savers. They passed on over a thousand varieties to the Seed Saver's Exchange a long time ago. I had thought all the Wanigan Associates had passed on. I was wrong in my thinking, and very happily so!!! Russ Crow now has this website, has emailed me back that he is healthy, and is presently making seed increases of many rare, unique, and even close to extinct varieties, and some he himself developed.

Long story short here because if he does join us here, he'll be able to tell us all much more about it, Russ Crow, Wanigan Associate, has told me in an email that he might join us here.

I sure hope he does.

:frow Howdy!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I consider you to be the bean expert here. For you to be excited over another bean expert means that guy is super-duper!! Bring him in and we will give him a proper welcome!! And maybe we can help him preserve some bean varieties and grow some for him!

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
baymule said:
I consider you to be the bean expert here. For you to be excited over another bean expert means that guy is super-duper!! Bring him in and we will give him a proper welcome!! And maybe we can help him preserve some bean varieties and grow some for him!
What she said.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hey guys, compared to this guy, I'm an amateur! He's been doing this at a serious level since the '70's. I might qualify as an apprentice.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We're not worthy....we're not worthy... :bow

(Wayne's World, wasn't it? LOL)

Great job recruiting, Marshall! Looking forward to what he will be able to add to the forum.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Journey! Perfect!

I told him sometimes we joke around with each other!

I sure hope everyone looks at his website.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

I'm wearing my dirty hands from raking leaves

:tools

Latest posts