Affordable Electric Car

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today on AOL Fiat has come out with a electric car, the 500e for lease price of $199 a month. I had looked into electric cars a few years ago, and was in price shock . Fiat claims 122 mpge

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
for me and electric car would probably be good since i don't travel far. i never liked having a job too far from home. but i admit the price for them is crazy and then the price to have to 'fill their tank' is even crazier. unless your house is mostly powered by solar or wind, you are still sort of using fossil fuels (or nuclear also in my area) to generate the electricity to power it.

being a northern with times of the year that get extremely cold i always worry that the battery wont charge or not allow it to run far enough. also, what happens if you got into a winter accident and trapped where someone couldn't find you? how long will the car keep you warm before the battery ran out of juice?

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
My husband is 6'3" tall. His height is in his torso. He can barely fit in a normal car. The electric cars are usually not for the tall. Last time we bought a car, 3 years I think, I was all excited to get a Prius hybrid. His head did not get through the front door. I would love an electric car!!!! I wonder what the freakishly tall do.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I wonder what the freakishly tall do.
Walk. With their freakishly long legs they can cover a LOT of ground in a single stride. Beats having to fold themselves into a sardine can just to be green.

I can't comment I'm 5'10" on a good day :p

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Wait till he gets older. We old guys shrink. If I keep shrinking I could end up driving Barbies car around. ;)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aw Hoodat, you'd be some little girl's choice at the toy store, I'm sure ;).

Okay, I was 6'1" at 18. I always figured I grew that other " inch, especially since I put on another 15# over the next 2 or 3 years.

Now, the nurse at the doctor's office said I'm 6' even. I claim it was just because I wasn't standing up straight . . .

When Suzuki cars first showed up, I tried to get in one . . . Ha! Heck, I had to be sure not to wear those ball caps with the button on top just riding around in my Ford pickups. You know the steel buttons . . . hit a bump and boink! Oowww! :rolleyes:

Steve