After Death

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess I just need to vent, tiring to put my brothers things in order. All of his life he had a drug and alcohol problem, he never had a job for long and was in and out of jail. Past 7 years I have been supporting him, I bought him a trailer so he would never be homeless, paid his cell and electric bill. I have no idea where his phone is called Verizon, costing me $350 to cancel his contract. Because it is under my name I have to pay it. Some woman called me this morning claiming to be brothers ex girlfriend, said my brother owed her almost $3,000. I asked how she expected him to pay her back when he didnt work. Might seller her the trailer for a dollar and call it even, I don't want it. Brother had a bird sister bought back to NY. Husband allergic to it so I will end up with it. Only a little after 11 o clock lets see what rest of day like.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh gosh, it is amazing how some people can mess up their lives. I am so sorry that you have to clean up the messes left by your brother's passing.
If the trailer is in another state, and the woman who says she is owed money is also there, I think selling her the trailer for $1 is a great idea. Although you are not obligated by law to pay your brother's debts, you have kind of set a precedent by doing it so far.
I'm sure you can find a good home for the bird. Let's hope it hasn't been taught a bunch of bad words.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Trailer is in Florida if she was living with my brother I am not going to make her homeless. But I will have my lawyer draw up papers, so I am longer responsible for it. Verizon is what really pisses me off, he died he didn't switch carriers. Billion dollar company doesn't care where money comes from.

Just-Moxie

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes Nyboy. DH had a best friend who passed away back in Feb. DH was his executor. Then, the end of April, DH's father passed away. We are still working on those things. Then, 2 weeks after his father passed, another good friend passed away. We had been asked by the second friend to help him clean out his own parents home, as both of the friends parents had passed and left him the home and property to keep or dispose of.
This year has been hateful.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I guess I just need to vent, tiring to put my brothers things in order. All of his life he had a drug and alcohol problem, he never had a job for long and was in and out of jail. Past 7 years I have been supporting him, I bought him a trailer so he would never be homeless, paid his cell and electric bill. I have no idea where his phone is called Verizon, costing me $350 to cancel his contract. Because it is under my name I have to pay it. Some woman called me this morning claiming to be brothers ex girlfriend, said my brother owed her almost $3,000. I asked how she expected him to pay her back when he didnt work. Might seller her the trailer for a dollar and call it even, I don't want it. Brother had a bird sister bought back to NY. Husband allergic to it so I will end up with it. Only a little after 11 o clock lets see what rest of day like.
You have gone above and beyond what any family would do. Sell the trailer and give the money to his kids. You owe her nothing and do not really know if he owes her anything. Like is with like. She may also be a druggie. Why give her anything if you did not even know her?

Latest posts