All of a Sudden Can Not Post photos

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have found posting photos very easy, I click on middle box that says upload a file, that opens a window to all my photos, I double click on photo I want and it starts uploading when it hits 100% it darkens and I get 2 choices full size or thumb size. Past day and half when I try to post photo I get up to 100% down loaded then everything just stops. Never darkens or goes to choice of photo size. What happened?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe it was too big?
I tried to post one from my camera - which takes GIANTIC pictures that have to be shrunk by 75% to fit on a single screen. It did the same thing - got to "100%" and then nothing....
But then I tried a few from my stash of smilies and a couple small pictures and they did fine.
sFi_knight[1].gif Avatar_Cartoons-&-Comics_Calvin_&_Hobbes_Pounce[1].gif bengimp 4.jpg Smilies_Funny_ChewieDancing[1].gif DSCF1214.JPG

Last edited:

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't know about your photo problem, but the forum was doing weird things to me yesterday afternoon. I couldn't get the current postings to load, just Saturdays. But I have a new computer so I don't know if that's where the problem was....?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Someone said SS forum was having problems yesterday with hackers. Maybe it is spreading to this forum?

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I find it impossible to post pix with iPad. It doesn't let me search but wants me to type in pix address.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I do it differently. I open this screen and a screen with the file I have my photos in and drag and drop. Occasionally the photo takes up the whole screen here and everything just freezes so I close TEG, reopen it, and start again. Normally I get the option for thumbnail or full sized. I've learned to upload the photos before I start typing anything.

Perhaps your browser, operating system, or something else upgraded so what you did does not work anymore. That's happened to me a few times, here and on BYC. It's possible but unlikely Nifty made some upgrades to this forum and didn't tell us, but I doubt it. He's usually pretty good about letting us know of changes.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I use a desktop computer with a mouse. With other devices and set-ups I have no clue how you might drag and drop, or if you even can.

I open both screens, select the photo I want to add, center my mouse over the file I want to add, depress the appropriate button, and move the cursor to where I want to drop it. Then release that button. It's a skill us old fogeys developed back in the primitive age of computers. :old

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Nyboy My way might be a little off the wall but then I'm not very computer savy. I'm on a apple computer and all I do is take the pictures I want to post from my photo album, drag them to my desktop and then drag them into my message (it says drop pictures here)
Down below they pop up as thumbnails or the other option, I just click on them. I know, there's probably a much simpler way to do this, this works for me so I'm not messing with it :).

Annette

Latest posts