Always a Work in Progress

Junebugaboo

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm new to the community and just thought I'd share some pics of my garden. I've lived here (Bay Area, quarter of an acre on top of a canyon) for about 4 years, and I think the previous owners were afraid of the backyard because of the slope that it's on. So we have done A LOT to make it more productive. I'm going to have to dig through my photos to find some "before" pics to show how it used to be.

Just recently put the herb garden in...

img_4051.jpg

The lower terraces...a lot of potatoes and corn growing. It's been cold and rainy, so tomatoes and eggplant and peppers have been slow...

img_4050.jpg

Hops growing up the pole and fruit trees down below. We have giant live oaks that have grown to overshadow some of the trees.

img_4058.jpg

And my favorite little nook right now...filled with iris, nasturtium, red and blue flax, alyssum, purple phacelia, and blazing star.

img_4054.jpg

Next, I'll post all the projects I have going on, which will probably take me a half a century to finish...

Last edited:

Junebugaboo

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Latest project finished: steps down the slope to reach the difference levels of terrace.

We dug a trench going down and leveled out for each step. My husband built the frames and placed them, and I added landscape fabric and stones.

img_5392.jpg

4634efb3-e289-44e4-b8db-edabab660519.jpg

Latest posts