Americans do not do Dovecotes!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cool Blackbird,

What lives in there? Looks like a great vine post! :love maybe a climbing rose!

I have one called New Dawn, and I was surprised at how easy it was to have it climb a pole.

2moxwyx.jpg

Here it is peeking up out the top of my pergola!
ezmvqp.jpg

Soon it will cover the entire thing. On a single pole it would go as high as you could attach it (I used screws with copper wire wraps for twistie ties).

If you considered a climbing rose, when you stop attaching it to the pole (meaning you have reached as high as you can), then it would cascade all the future branches downward like a fountain! It would look cool. I am not kidding...it would cause people to look twice! LOL :ep

New Dawn is a pale pink with a highly 'bathroomy' smell, but there are so many climbers to choose from! Some with several colors on the same bush.
2e0ie6e.jpg

1ijuok.jpg

Anyways! I do like your house...to me that looks very Purple Martin. I think I will go for a bit more like my aviary, soon to be greenhouse, because it has a 20's deco appeal with the stenciling and shape.

I will try to match it to this so there is continuity!
20sd6wp.jpg

So far, from what I can gather Blackbird, you have a pretty diverse growing area. My mind has a hard time putting a person's entire growing spaces together... sometimes I think I confuse some folks' yards with one another on here.... :lol: except Joe's! LOL

One of these days I will have to learn to use the Blog feature on here and put everything in there.

Ron :coolsun

Ron

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We have random blue bird house around... going to get a few for the property to put out by the orchard... I know they are popular here because they are endangered, but the populations are starting to come back.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I like to use home remedies myself. The Mugwort contains a natural sedative; a very good thing to have around in case of Economic Collapse! LOL

I like to dry and wrap Mugwort and Sage together and make my own smudge wands. When burned Mugwort is a very pleasant smelling smoke. Smudge a room full of people and it is amazing how sedate they all become! LOL

I would love some if it takes, I can reimburse your postage, but definitely see if you can get it to take first. No rush here. I have seeds to Mugwort ( I got these through the Seedman.com). I tried twice already and nothing...I will have to rethink this before wasting the rest of the seeds.

As adult stock they typically grow by runner. I cannot imagine it being able to replace itself year to year by seeds, so it must be a very hardy perennial to withstand MN.

Thanks,

Ron

Latest posts