AMKuska's 2018 Garden

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Things are finally starting to warm up around here. The temperatures are supposed to climb into the 70s, and the outdoor gardening can officially begin.

Normally I'm outdoors in January trying to hack a hole through the ice to begin gardening. This year it is May, and I'm proud to say I have not killed any plants from attempting to garden during a blizzard. :)

This may be because my husband, who loves me VERY MUCH, got me a cool little indoor green house. It sits in our garage, and with a heat lamp in there I already have watermelons flowering and vining up the sides of it. :)

My neighbor than randomly gave me a huge cold frame because he doesn't garden anymore. I only just set it out, but plan to move some of my plants out there after they've hardened off.

Attachments

• WP_20180103_08_37_10_Pro.jpg
    WP_20180103_08_37_10_Pro.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 358

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think this time of the year Momma Nature likes to be a bit of a tease. i don't put any of the warmth loving plants out for another month. in a few weeks i'll start poking peas and onion seeds in some places.

good luck! :)

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a very hard time a bit over a year ago. We lost our daughter to SIDS and I haven't so much as stuck a bean in the ground since. Not much point in a gardening forum if you don't feel like gardening.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I had a very hard time a bit over a year ago. We lost our daughter to SIDS and I haven't so much as stuck a bean in the ground since. Not much point in a gardening forum if you don't feel like gardening.
Oh AmKuska, I'm so sorry. That is heartbreaking. Hope each new day brings you a little bit closer to healing.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We will wrap you up in love and hugs. My heart is broken for you. I lost my first baby girl and there is truth in that old saying, Time heals wounds. She will always be with you, always be a part of you, nothing or no one can ever take her place. But I can tell you from experience, it does get better. Big hugs, we love you.