ANNUAL WEED PICKING CONTEST!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Getting to be the season for EVERYONE'S most favorite thing!

:thumbsup

:love PICKING THEM WEEDS! :love

So, to make it EVEN MORE FUN, :ya

we'll be having our second annual

HULLABALOO weed picking contest.

This time with REWARDS for the winners!

K, here's how it works:

Ya get a bunch of buckets, and ya pick them weeds.

HOWEVER

Ya gotsta pick them small if ya wanna win!!!

See, the winner is the one who can stuff the most number of basically intact, with roots, weeds into your buckets.

1ST PLACE GOES TO WHO FILLS A SINGLE 2 GALLON BUCKET WITH THE MOST WEEDS!

2ND PLACE GOES TO WHO FILLS THE MOST BUCKETS WITH WEEDS, BUT EACH BUCKET MUST HAVE AT LEAST 50 WEEDS IN IT!

FIRST PLACE WINNER RECEIVES A LARGE ENVELOPE OF ASSORTED SEEDS

SECOND PLACE WINNER RECEIVES A SMALLER ENVELOPE FULL OF ASSORTED SEEDS

aww, and just fer giving it a shot, alls ya gotta do is ask, and ye shall receive at least some seeds.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
August 1st will be the day we count our weeds :)

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Marshall ... I want my first place prize NOW you see, I pulled a garbage can full yesterday. Then I can get a crop by Aug. , not seeds in August . :rolleyes:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wellp Bob, according to the rules, either put at least 50 weeds into each 2 gallon bucket, or 25 weeds per gallon in your garbage can, all neatly counted, or stuff as many as you can into one 2 gallon bucket, and then count them.

And for fairness, others still have a shot at it until august 1st. Ya never know, but SeedCorn or someone may have ways of getting more into a 2 gallon bucket.

:weee

Isn't this fun?

:weee

WEED PICKING CONTEST!

i THINK THIS MIGHT JUST GET COMPETITIVE!

AND YA NEVER KNOW, BUT ULTRA COMPETITIVE MONTYJ JUST MIGHT HAVE HIS METHODS...providing dew lets him... :p

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is my goal to have the least amount of weeds I've ever had. ;) (I would have won this hands-down last year!)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Early in the growing season I Hula-hoe my weeds and leave them to dry up in the garden beds. Later, as the veggies are growing, I sit on my comfy stool and pull out the bitty babies wearing their birthday suits, still leaving them to dry as green manure unless it just rained or is soon to rain. 50 weeds that size wouldn't cover the bottom of a pail. 'Sides, I'm cheap and re-use 5 gallon drywall buckets to tote my weeds to the compost pile.

Do we carry a running total of weeds through the summer or need to keep them all until the day of accounting?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'd think a running total would be fun, but not required.

That's why I made two categories. For those who pick most of the weeds while they are tiny, the most weeds stuffed into a bucket, and for those who pick them big

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
... 50 weeds in general?
Or 50 different kinds of weeds?
I'm starting to prep beds this weekend, weather permitting .... so I'm gonna throw my bucket into this contest!