Another Countdown begins....

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
88 days until Spring :celebrateare you ready?
tuilps.jpg

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
if i were a millipede i'd have enough fingers to count on... :)

2F is a high predicted for this week one day. i love winter, but i must admit that spring when the first flowers begin to poke up is when i feel like i can start breathing again. wax on, wax off, and all that. love you mother erf. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
1 degree right now. It's the coldest night so far.

I turned the lights back on for the chickens after giving them a few month's rest. I HATE buying store eggs!

Spring can't come soon enough for me. I've already had my first seed purchase delivered. Going to have to think about where and when I'll be starting them.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We really haven't had any bad weather here, nor cold weather this season so far. It's supposed to be in the teens and single digits this week, so I guess I will realize it's winter.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Emptied half a bucket of half frozen urine into the raised bed this morning, put it back out for collection. That's how NOT ready for spring I am....I want to build on my raised bed composting system all winter long, letting the weather help me.

I'm also building on my composting system under the roosts, so not ready for spring yet there either....needs all winter to make me some great, finished compost.

Nope...we really need extended cold temps here to kill a lot of the nasties that plague my gardens and we really need the snow that brings good minerals to the soil. I'll wait patiently on spring... :)

Meanwhile, I gots seed catalogs, a new plan, lots of time to implement the plan and time to learn more about the new plan implementation. :weee

Also time to finish up my new but old garden gates, work on a few other projects I still haven't gotten to, etc.

When spring comes, I've run out of time for those side projects and am then in the thick of gardening, broodies and baby chicks, home and land maintenance, new human babies in the family, family trips, etc.

I like my seasons to last as long as they should last. :D

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
yeah, seems we only get a few weeks at most of fall or spring lately. i'm sure that is just my own mind making up things to fit. :)

Latest posts