Another piece added

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes it's late in the year to be adding things....but this I just couldn't deal with any longer.

Anybody on here who has a well can relate. That white pipe sticking up that you have to mow around, landscape around, and just be a general eyesore.

So having enough of it I decided to see what my options were. Soon found artificial rocks that are made to cover up these things. Went to the dekorra website found the "rock" that will fit, and ordered one through their supplier.

Well it came today!!! No more ugly pipe staring me in the face. Plan is to add a few smaller rocks around it so it's balanced, then in the spring I'll edge it and plant it.

Regardless the most important thing is not looking at that awful pipe!!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Pretty darn pleased with it. And for those keeping score at home the tree in the first picture is a weeping cherry. The traditional pink variety that was planted in the spring.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Perfect! I love those things! And it is a great excuse for another garden area...very clever!

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Next, you will have to get a rock big enough to cover that ugly propane tank , then you will have a nice rock landscape ! :clap

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just a guess, but I'd say it was a well cap or a septic system vent. Either of these are unattractive but necessary signs of civilization.

Last edited:

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It was a well cap. 6" diameter pipe 24" high.

The thought was to tie it into a big sweeping bed across the front porch. That's why the weeping cherry is there to serve as an anchor and give us depth at that side to offset the height of the house. The other end of the house is the long side of the attached garage. So it has a visual flow to it we we're working with. Terrace it down visually so it's not as "jarring" to look at the whole thing. That's the thought....

The propane tank is on the list believe me. I hate looking at it. It's like a big ugly mothership that just screams at you when you look at our place.

Plan is do an L shaped screen/fence with lattice covering the front and the one side (south & west sides respectfully). Couple 4x4 posts, some 2x4s to cover the seams and 2x6 top rails.

Cover the lattice in climbers of some kind and build a bed off of that. Thought to leave the other 2 sides open for easy access as they are not usually seen.

Was serious thinking of doing it this summer but the baby pushed that project to the back burner which is ok with me :D

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Paint the propane tank with a colorful design! Paint daises on it or a miniature forest! Get creative. On the flat side of that rock should be a R.I.P. and make up an name for it. BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yeah already tried that idea my wife shot that down.

Better than just a hedge which I've seen enough times. At least with a screen I can keep new color/blooms in. A hedge is just a hedge.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Jared do a search on pinterest "covering propane tank". There are some neat ideas there. Sorry, I don't know how to copy a link to it.

Mary

Latest posts