Another Reason to Eat Cherries Sleep

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, that's what I'm looking at, NyBoy ... through my closed eyelids, at bedtime every night ...

Cherry juice, huh? Ninety minutes? Honestly, I'd happily settle for an extra hour ;). Reading at night is not likely to help -- unless we count the funny papers! No. That frozen-in-1-position posture is the biggest problem with my "sleep" habits. Ninety minutes? Yeah, that is about as long as I can lie on my front or the left side, unconscious or otherwise.

Zero gravity would really, really help. Specific gravity has to do with beer ... nah, that won't help. Cherry juice, do ya think?

Steve
needs a nap ...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I throw frozen tart cherries and other berries in our evening green smoothies (there's not a lot you can do to cover up that fresh mowed lawn taste, :sick but it helps), That would be nice if it also helped dh sleep a little better.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think I have read that tart cherries are high in antioxidants, too. I use them in my breakfast smoothies, but I'm sure I don't use enough green stuff to disguise that cherry/berry flavor.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have used the cherry juice for my gout once. Also supposed to be good for joints! @thistlebloom that is EXACTLY what I think of those teas and smoothies. They always reminded my of what you'd hose out of the lawn mower. :hide

Did you see any improvement Carol Dee?
Pomegranate juice is also supposed to be helpful for joints and inflammation. I have a chronic pain in my knee from an old sports injury and have used pomegranate and cherry juice, but I'm not consistent enough to know just how helpful (or not ) it is.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Did you see any improvement Carol Dee?
Pomegranate juice is also supposed to be helpful for joints and inflammation. I have a chronic pain in my knee from an old sports injury and have used pomegranate and cherry juice, but I'm not consistent enough to know just how helpful (or not ) it is.
That was my experience too! Lack of consistency. :confused: The gout cleared up. But would it have anyway with change of diet which also did at the time ?

Latest posts