Ants will conquer the earth, or just my garden

Lil Chickie Mama

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Every time I turn around I find a huge trail of ants and these guys mean BUSINESS!!! I think it's all the same colony as it keeps tracking back to the same area. I've tried spraying with Raid and spreading DE all over but to no avail. They laugh at the Raid and just move their trail over about 3 inches, grr. They haven't gotten into the house in a few weeks (knock on wood) but are devouring my tomatoes that are just ripening, double grr grr, and each time I am near the roots of plants (general weeding or transplanting from pot to ground) or anywhere not around the chickens. The chickens probably eat them... Anyway, is there anyway too keep them away from the house, my tomatoes, ect? Yes it is their world and they outnumber me by about a cou-bizillion and three...but I live here too! :rant If you don't hear back from me, they carried me off. :hide

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have a ton of ants (black little ones) in my watermelon patch. So far they are harmless all my plants are doing great and its been months.

chills

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i have no answers - but i think their cousins are trying to take down my corn/greenbean area .. i'm trying to avoid any and all chemicals, so my theory was to see if ignoring them will make them go away .......(previous life experience indicates NOPE!!)
i'll be curious to see if anyone has any tips .. thanks

Latest posts