Anyone do hydroponics?

miron28

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
does anyone on here do hydroponics ? i have made one and it works very well but i am stuck on one thing what do you use for nutrience any help will be great full thank you

miron28

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
i can get the plants to grow very well but i can't get them to produce and veges. the problem i have is i don't know what to use for nutrients. after them growing in the pipe i can take them out and put them in the ground and they grow like crazy. any ideas?

6307_3-16_02.jpg

6307_4-14_03.jpg

6307_4-14_04.jpg

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
that is just amazing!!! OMG you have it all hooked up ..did you check out the link I posted? there were some ideas and again check out the library and some of the stoner sites ..seriously it sounds awful but they really do produce entire plants with flowers so you could at least get tips ..I always worry however about what my grandkids would think if they went through the history of the webpages I look at :p but seriously want to grow vegetables and I have gotten some good inexpensive ideas

if you want i think you can just order nutrients online from a hydroponic scourse ..I am thinking someone I knew used fish fertilizer but i would be afraid of the smell of that inside :p

keep us posted! looks just great ..inspiring and I am so looking forward to getting started

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I don't know much about hydroponics except for the pot connection but you have a very nice set up.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Two weeks ago my wife had "Joy School" (co-op preschool) at our house. For a project she had the kids put lima beans and black eyed peas into moist paper towels and then into tiny glass baby food jars.

I'm flabbergasted at how tall and vibrantly they are growing with absolutely nothing to survive on (other than what was in the seed and what's in the air).

I sit there and look at this thing every morning in our window sill and think "I wonder if we stuck some magic hydroponic liquids in that jar if the thing would grow."

Were I not so busy I'd probably dive head first into learning all about hydroponics!

Amigatec

Sprout
Reaction score
I do Hydroponics, this winter I have harvested lettuce, spinach, celery, and I have green beans, tomatoes, and peppers growing now.

If you have any questions feel free to contact me. I love Hydro.

jackb

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been gardening hydroponically for a number years, both indoors and in the greenhouse. I have a blog if you are interested.

The tomatoes in the photo are being grown hydroponically in autopots. The photo was taken on May 1, 2010 and the first trusses have set fruit, the second trusses are in full bloom and the third set of trusses are forming. You can almost watch the plants grow hydroponically.;)

50110.jpg

http://hydroponicworkshop.blogspot.com/

Jack

Latest posts