Anyone grow Hornwort ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I read that Hornwort is a good oxygenater for ponds. I ordered some from ebay. The plant has a very strong odor, so strong after showering and fresh clothes I can still smell it. Is this normal or did plant rot in transit ?

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2017-5-14_15-12-31.png

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
I could have sent you some. Only aquarium plant I don't kill. Mine doesn't stink. Let me know how it does outside.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i've bought it in the past & it doesn't usually smell too strong. i can only think they had it in transit too long or it was in some really smelly water. i'm about to order some for my pond but decided to get it from William Tricker's since it is cheaper from them right now & i know the plants they've sold in the past to me.

i just got some lotus plants that finally arrived from someone selling on ebay. i now regret it since they never communicated if they tried to ship (no tracking the 1st time sent) but finally emailed that i had a bad address & were shipping again. they hand wrote the label & i think they copied it down wrong. must have sent the same package & didn't check the plants. they stunk like something died in with the package. tubers were covered with muddy clay that was some foul smelling. waiting now for water lettuce but i've read some reviews since those were ordered & now also dreading those when they arrive this week. i hope they aren't tiny like i fear.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I went to 2 places yesterday that carry water plants ( not smart on mothers day both zoos) Was told to early for water lettuce needs warm weather.