Anyone growing heat-tolerant Sweetypie blackberry?

Clovepink

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I thought Navajo and
Arapaho blackberries were good for hot and humid zone 8, but Sweetypie is supposed to be an improvement over those. Anyone growing them? Ever tasted them?

Clovepink

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Big, 3 quart Sunshine Blue blueberries are 9.98 and sweetiepie blackberry (1qt) are 6.48 each. This is at Park Seed and Wayside Garden

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would not know anything about zone 8. The only time I even see it is on vacation lol. Just the name of them sounds delicious though.

brwalden

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I haven't heard of that one. I'm in zone 7A (Arkansas). I've got Prime Ark Freedom (mostly) and they are doing great. I also have Kiowa, they do well here also but are super thorny. The berries on the Kiowa are super huge and pretty tasty. Prime Ark Freedom is my favorite so far. As far as production, flavor, plant vigor, and any lack of thorns makes it a great for picking. I've had Navajo and Arapaho before, for some reason they didn't do well for me here.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Big, 3 quart Sunshine Blue blueberries are 9.98 and sweetiepie blackberry (1qt) are 6.48 each. This is at Park Seed and Wayside Garden
Sunshine Blue does very well for me. Produces tons of blueberries but I like the flavor of Misty better.

Mary