anyone have a good yellow-plum jam recipe?

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Looking for a recipe for jam made w/yellow plums (the ones that are about 1-1.5" in diameter) that comes out fairly thick and chunky with fruit.

When we moved here 5 yrs ago our neighbor gave us a jar of AMAZING golden plum jam like that, and I would really like to try to replicate it but alas at this point it would take a seance to get her recipe.

As a start, I tried the Certo crystals box recipe today, but while it tastes basically ok, it is very clear and jelly-like (the only nonjellyish parts are the remains of the plum skins). Gwen's jam was really chunky, mostly composed of identifiable fruit-flesh pieces.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Pat

blurose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'm not sure what exactly a Damson Plum is, but I found a recipe for Damson Plum Jam>

four qts damson plums (after seeding and cutting)
one qt. water Sugar

Wash plums, remove the seeds, cut in fourths, add the water and cook the fruit until soft. Measure and add 3/4 cup sugar for each cup of fruit. Stir mixture over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Boil rapidly until mixture is thick and clear. Pour into sterilized jars and seal while hot.

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yeah, what IS a Damson plum, anyway? :) It is one of those things I have often seen mentioned in print but would not recognize one if it came up and bit me on the kneecaps.

?

Pat

DDRanch

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I use the jam receipes inside the boxes of Ball Pectin and have found them to be excellent.

Anne

Latest posts