Anyone hear from Marshall lately?

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
One of his 'beans in coffee cans' pictures came up on the 'pictures posted by members' this morning and I was just wondering if anyone had heard from @marshallsmyth lately.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I miss those things about him, too.

He has both practical and academic knowledge. He has this plant variety aficionado enthusiasm and encouraged that in others. He also made good use of TEG - by keeping himself enthusiastic about the garden work required.

California was in that serious drought, his job and home relied on adequate water. If there is adequate water in reservoirs through 2017, it will be a sad irony that he had to give up his job and move in 2015.

I'd like to think that I would continue to be an active TEG member if I did not garden. But, ya know ... I need you guys looking over my shoulder, seeing what I'm doing. It really helps! If I spent both halves of the year sitting in this lazy boy or rowing through the shallows trying to catch a bass, I'm not sure if I would feel I had anything meaningful to share. Besides, 99% of you are cranky and contentious 99% of the time! Marshall is a saint!

Steve

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Aww, now that's not true.
I don't think I've shared anything worthwhile about gardening in a good, long while but everyone has been supportive of my cow rambling and bread baking and stuff. :D

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I heard from him a while back. There have been many good changes for him. He quit smoking, got new dentures, got a job and a place to live. It didn't have gardening space but he was going to plant in a couple public places. I guess just drop some bean seeds kind of casually, haha.

Mary

Last edited:

Latest posts