Anyone Know What 27 Gallons of Soil Weigh

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today my nephew and I moved my potted fig trees into greenhouse. One pot we couldn't move because of it's weight. I took a blue 55 gallon plastic barrel cut it in half planted tree. I am going to call a mover who moved my hot tub this spring, but need the give him some idea of its weight. This fig tree going to cost me a small fortune.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do you not have a two-wheeler or hand truck that you can move it with? (a refrigerator mover)
Depending on the kind of soil and how dry it is, it could weigh as much as water, 8 lb per gallon, or as little as 8 oz per gallon.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yea. It's only 200 or 250 pounds....got a furniture mover.....?

Picture please...we want to see it...

Drill holes in the bottom. How big is your greenhouse?

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Today my nephew and I moved my potted fig trees into greenhouse. One pot we couldn't move because of it's weight. I took a blue 55 gallon plastic barrel cut it in half planted tree. I am going to call a mover who moved my hot tub this spring, but need the give him some idea of its weight. This fig tree going to cost me a small fortune.
I have moved boulders up to 700 lbs. all by myself using a refrigerator dolly and a fairly heavy chain to fasten it to the dolly. Have fun ! :caf

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
waretron I use the term greenhouse loosely. I was going to get a all glass greenhouse, we had a winter with heavy snow fall. The snow was collapsing roofs, so I figured thswould last longer.
DSCF0309.JPG

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
@Nyboy , I didn't mean a picture of the greenhouse. It is very nice though....

I meant the fig tree....silly boy....

so what is the black bracket under the windows???

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
LOL the fig tree at weekend house will not have photo till this weekend. The bracket under window was a CL find. I love wrought iron I have pieces all over my garden. The bracket just seemed to fit the space.