Anyone make their own soap?

beavis

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I've got a lot of Lavendar, rose, rosemary, etc growing right now and I was thinking of starting a new hobby of soap-making.

I would like to do it with natural ingredients at best.

Anyone have a link or information on how to get started?

rebbetzin

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
beavis said:
I've got a lot of Lavendar, rose, rosemary, etc growing right now and I was thinking of starting a new hobby of soap-making.

I would like to do it with natural ingredients at best.

Anyone have a link or information on how to get started?
Last year I put this post up... on Backyard Herds.. it has a link to some soapmaking sites.

Best of Luck on your soap making!!

http://www.backyardherds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=5967

One thing I had fun doing was making a label for my soaps

Here is one I use most of the time.

LabelGoatEatingHateditedemail.jpg

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to try my hand at it too. I have everything ready to go, except it is a real pain in the butt to try to find pure lye around here, because of all the crackheads using it to make drugs. Gonna have to order it online. :/

Here's a recipe I want to try for Lavender and Basil soap. She has a lot of good info on there, several places on that website. I like the thought of using my own herbs and things as additives to naturally color the soap. The recipe calls for lavender EO. Somebody experienced on http://www.soapmakingforum.com/forum/ could probably clue you in as to how much scent you would get if you only used herbs. I think the flecks of basil are really pretty in there.

calendula

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I started making my own soap last year, and now I'm hooked. It's so much fun! I would recommend going to your local library and checking out some books on soapmaking.

Latest posts