Anyone want to trade?

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've got some extra seeds, and a few we got and just don't want. So rather than throwing them out or just letting them sit for years, I'm offering them up for trade if anyone wants any. All were either purchased about 8 months ago online or collected from my own plants. They are heirlooms, and my own garden is organic--no chemicals used in it, just manure, dirt, and water.

Here's what I've got:

Sweet Corn 'Golden Bantam'
Sweet Peas 'Green Arrow'
Cabbage 'All Seasons'
Watermelon 'Crimson Sweet'--very sweet and good!
Pumpkin 'Connecticut Field'--supposedly not a pie pumpkin, but we did can a lot of it and it is really pretty good. Makes medium size pumpkins for us
Beets 'Detroit Dark Red'
Acorn Squash (not sure what variety, collected from a friend's organic garden)
Zucchini 'Black' --extremely prolific! Four plants was way too much for four people, we were giving it away by the bagful.

Things I am particularly interested in getting are brussels sprouts, lettuces/salad greens (no iceberg), snow peas, bok choy, herbs, tomatoes, and peppers of any kind, especially hot ones. I would be willing to consider just about anything though, let me know what you've got. I can trade the whole list to one person or break it up, and can make multiple packages I think of everything I have. I may even have a few other things if you're after something special. I prefer heirlooms, as I like to collect my own seed. I also prefer organic, but it's not required.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have for swapping...
organic daikon radish
organic cress
Canton Bok Pak Choy (from Baker Creek)

I have on the way from Baker Creek...
Collective farm woman melon
Wild Strawberry
Red Chinese Noodle Bean
Dragon Tongue Bean
Charentais Melon
Black Cherry Tomatoes

I also have an assortment of collected pepper seeds..Jalapeno, Pablano, etc... I have NO IDEA if their are heirlooms, hybrids or what. I just saved them because I liked the peppers I got and figured it would be worth a try to grow them. One variety I have is chilipitin pepper . Those things are so hot they are NUCLEAR! LOL

If you are interested, I think the best thing would be for me to send you what I can spare and have you give me the same value worth back.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I will have to look through my bag of goodies, but I know I have several herbs...and I think I have some hot peppers too, who knows what else!

kimnkell

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to go through my seeds tonight. I am also ordering some more seed so I will probably have alot to trade soon.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I haven't put in my seed order yet... but I will doing that at the end of the month. I have a few seeds now, not much to trade...

But I am looking for Watermelon Radishes which I don't seem to be seeing in any of my seed catalogs I am planning on ordering from!?

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Never heard of watermelon radishes. I've just been growing Cherry Belles, and they're really reliable for me.

Wifezilla, I think we could make a deal. I'd be interested in the peppers, and bok choy for sure, and whatever else you'd care to throw in. Let me know what you're interested in of mine, and what sort of quantities/value you're thinking and we can figure it out.

I see you're in Colorado Springs, nice area! I lived up in Fort Collins/Loveland for a few years, and down in the southwest corner too. We always had to start our vegetables indoors because we couldn't even get them in the ground until June!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
Lowes had some last year. I think they were heirloom too.
Last year I saw them EVERYWHERE... everyone had them, they were a hot thing... this year, so far, not so much... but I'm such as it gets closer to spring. :p

Watermelon.radish.jpg

desertcat

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So how did they taste? After last year's peppers, I don't believe the catalogs any more!

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Well, I haven't traded any of this stuff away yet, so it is still here if anyone wants some!

Latest posts