April 16 Taxes Due

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mt accountant just left with several checks :hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit:hit. I wonder how much of my money will go for programs I don't believe in. How many programs i do believe in had funding cut. We are taxed twice on our money, when we make it income tax when we spend it sales tax. :barnie:he

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is the latest we've ever been. My CPA is supposedly finishing them up by tomorrow so we can write a check and get them off.
We usually put it off, but never to the last possible second. Makes me a little nervous...

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The last time I waited until the last minute ... ... I forgot to sign the forms. They were sent back for our signatures.

It cost me $100, if I remember right.

That was awhile ago. In recent years, I complete them as early as I can, usually by 1 February. Gets the whole thing off my back. It's also not as tho I have more money as the winter wears on ...

Steve

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i do ours as early as possible because of a property tax credit/refund which cuts them by about 1/3rd. neither of us makes enough to make filing mandatory, but i have to run all the numbers for the property tax credit form. takes me a few hours because i have to triple check everything i do, find the forms, print them out and read the changes. it actually works out ok because for the time put in we get hundreds back so i figure i'm getting paid about $100-150/hr. which is quite a bit different from my estimated $1-3/hr i make via gardening. can you guess which i'd rather do and enjoy more? :)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I prefer to get them done early. Usually get a small refund. Then the hassle is done, no stressful last minute rush looking for lost papers, etc...

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I make copies of all my receipts because they fade. I place the copies in file folders, each page is totaled up. I make a cover sheet of each category with totals of expenses, sales, etc and take to the CPA. I like to get it done and over with.

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
I usually wait until mid to late March, mainly because Schwab often sends out corrections on my IRA which would mean filing an amendment. I prepay estimated taxes but since I'm on a fixed income with the same thing year in and year out I usually wind up either owing or getting back less than $50, State and Federal combined. Not enough to loose too much sleep over.

Latest posts