Are Americans eating too much starch?

Rusty

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
As a diabetic who controls his disease via diet, I can tell you that eating too many carbs is pure poison for me. I NEVER eat a carb without combining it with a protein and I always limit the carbs massively. For me, breakfast is cold cereal with milk and NO SUGAR. Dinner is meat and a huge salad. Supper is meat or eggs, 2-3 cooked veggies, a salad and MAYBE a half a cup of something starchy like noodles or the pie shell from quiche. I eat NO extra sugar or salt. Period. I cannot tell you when the last time was that I had a slice of bread. My weight has not varied in the last 20 years! The only thing "sweet" I ever consume is fresh fruit, generally as part of my dinner salad and always in the form of peaches, plums, pears, or apples. While I do grow grapes, I never eat them. (The chickens love them, though).

I have ALWAYS felt that the way the so-called "professionals" tell you to eat is total nonsense and will actually make you sick over the long haul. JMO, of course, but anyone who knows me will tell you that I am healthy as a horse. I never get colds, sore throats, flu-type illnesses and I do chalk that up to all the veggies I consume and all that protein that the "professionals" say is too much. When I broke my arm in January, the doc was amazed how quickly it healed. My x-rays said it was good to go in just over 4 weeks instead of the usual 6--and this in a 63-year-old!

Sugar, IMO, is just another word for poison.

Rusty

:hide

Latest posts