Are you in the Totality?

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
I was just wondering how many of us are living in the range of the eclipse Totality? I think it is so cool that Makanda, Ill is the "ground zero" for the longest darkness time. They are kind of a little hippy community, anyway, so it's fitting.
What are your plans?
I have been asking if our schools are dismissed that day, but haven't found out yet. I think they should be.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Schools are open?

I enjoyed the 1979 total eclipse in this corner of the world. A short drive took us to the top of a hill with the bare Palouse Hills all around. It was late February but the weather was very good.

This time, it would require a trip of hundreds of miles to the south. Payette Lake near Boise might be a pleasant location. I know that the wealthy are gathering at Sun Valley. Maybe I will just watch the webcam at Stanley altho the WUnderground says that there is a slight chance of rain that morning after a morning low in the 30's.

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
well we had room reservations in franklinton nc for the big event, had to cancel due to a driver who hurt his arm, so i have been playing driver to cover and would be driving to columbia sc that day columbia is right in the middle of the total eclipse, even arranged to be allowed to have dw come down with me in the truck. looked at the 15 day forecast. they are calling for overcast skies in the area...we shall see what is going to happen closer to the date..hope it clears for it

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am at 94% totality. I was going to drive to oregon for the totality, but unfortunately wildfires and clouds make it unlikely the view will be good. I will be shooting the eclipse from a field near my house, hopefully I'll get some good shots.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some of the long range weather forecasts are saying it's going to be cloudy, so it could be a dud. I hope not. Lots of money being spent in preparation.
Even Ozzy Osbourne (aka Prince of Darkness) is performing a concert during the totality, somewhere around Carbondale. I know there are lots of Ozzy fans here. Ha.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
We will see it at 88.3% partial. Should still be a good show though. I bought glasses. Double checked it was an approved brand. Weather is supposed to be good, so far as they can tell at the moment.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
while down in columbia, sc yesterday was reading the local paper there was an article about the eclipse and how the population is expected to double for it, plus all the major cell phone carries will be adding mobile cell towers they are afraid with the influx that cell service might crash.. driving back got into charlotte,nc all the highway message boards were saying expect delays of it....

looks like next monday be a good morning to pull out early and get down there and back before it starts.. checked the 10 day forecast they are calling for partly cloudy skies....

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
even the greensboro area has their signs up for the big date....
plan.JPG

yes i have things to get ready....

Latest posts