Aside from chicken poo what is a good fertilizer for bush beans?

patandchickens

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My impression is that you want a relatively LOW-nitrogen fertilizer for beans and peas, otherwise you get mostly leaves and not so much beans? In which case you actually would *not* want to use composted chicken poo.

So, like, any sort of fairly balanced fertilizer, right? Are you looking for organic/homemade, organic/commercial, or chemical fertilizer suggestions?

Pat

nccountrygirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks Pat, all of the above mentioned. I want to know what my options are.

The Mustard Seed Gardener

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We use Llama Doo only. You can take a shovel and hold it under the llama and use right then and there. It's mild...but the benefits are great. We put it around our roses and all other plantings. If you have access to Llama doo.....it's a very good thing.. :cool:

nccountrygirl said:
The title says it all...Thanks in advance

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
The Mustard Seed Gardener said:
We use Llama Doo only. You can take a shovel and hold it under the llama and use right then and there. It's mild...but the benefits are great. We put it around our roses and all other plantings. If you have access to Llama doo.....it's a very good thing.. :cool:
You can use the poo from all herbavores right? I was always wondering about this.

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Llama is the only one that know off that does not have to sit and age

Sarah_Mom2Four said:
You can use the poo from all herbavores right? I was always wondering about this.

Sarah_Mom2Four

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Llama is the only one that know off that does not have to sit and age

Sarah_Mom2Four said:
Thanks, yeah I don't really know anything about using it at fertilizer but I sure want to find out for when we get our farm. It's nice to have animals help pull their weight in multiple ways. I might have to look into a llama now lol!

nccountrygirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Ok folks, I do not know of anyone with a Llama :rolleyes: would manure tea or even some Black Cow work?

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Sarah,
One more thing about Llamas....Ours do not poo in there barn....they poo outside in one spot! :clap This makes it so easy to just shovel in a wheelbarrow and place around your plantings etc.

We had a church plant sale a couple of years ago. DD and I brought barrels of doo to sell. It went like crazy! Some llama farms around here sell their Doo and make a great profit! Our sign for the sale
said....Llama Doo For You with a big photo of one of my llamas above it. Talk about recycling! :ya

BTW, My son lives across the lake from Charlotte, in Lake, Wylice S.C. Beautiful Country!! :frow

Latest posts