Atomic Beam headlamp replacement

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last Christmas my BIL wanted one of those Atomic Beam flashlights that they advertise on TV. At the time, I was spending a lot of time outside before the sun came up. Since both of us hate shopping, I told him that if he gave me the headlamp I would give him the flashlight - and neither of us would tell my sister who is BIG on Christmas presents being surprises. When I was milking Eva, it was in daily use and I LOVED it. Lightweight, BRIGHT, comfortable to wear... I didn't need it much over the summer but started again as the sun started coming up later and later and the walk to my truck in the morning became darker and darker..
Then suddenly 2 days ago, it simply stopped turning on. I changed the batteries - which shouldn't have been the problem since it was still BRIGHT the day before... I took apart everything that I comes apart to see if I could spot something wrong... nope - just simply stopped working.
Looking at the reviews online, it seems this is a common problem.

So.. Do any of you use a headlamp often enough to have a review of it's ease of use and reliability? I find that I am OFTEN out in the dark with my hands full so a flashlight (I'm using the one on my phone now) isn't practical. And I'm expecting to be back to milking in a few months so I'll be in NEED of hands-free task lighting then.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope, don't use one. Depending on how much it was, just plan on buying a new one every year.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Last Christmas my BIL wanted one of those Atomic Beam flashlights that they advertise on TV. At the time, I was spending a lot of time outside before the sun came up. Since both of us hate shopping, I told him that if he gave me the headlamp I would give him the flashlight - and neither of us would tell my sister who is BIG on Christmas presents being surprises. When I was milking Eva, it was in daily use and I LOVED it. Lightweight, BRIGHT, comfortable to wear... I didn't need it much over the summer but started again as the sun started coming up later and later and the walk to my truck in the morning became darker and darker..
Then suddenly 2 days ago, it simply stopped turning on. I changed the batteries - which shouldn't have been the problem since it was still BRIGHT the day before... I took apart everything that I comes apart to see if I could spot something wrong... nope - just simply stopped working.
Looking at the reviews online, it seems this is a common problem.

So.. Do any of you use a headlamp often enough to have a review of it's ease of use and reliability? I find that I am OFTEN out in the dark with my hands full so a flashlight (I'm using the one on my phone now) isn't practical. And I'm expecting to be back to milking in a few months so I'll be in NEED of hands-free task lighting then.

LED flashlights being fairly cheap, and duck tape... your quicker fixerupper... :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been curious how well that they would work with a hat. But, when I try to see someone wearing a headlight, the light is always shining in my face ...

My wife does that, too. "Here, let me hold that for you." Shines the flashlight in my face. "Hey! Now, I can't see!"

We aren't of much help are we ;)?

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nope, don't use one. Depending on how much it was, just plan on buying a new one every year.
I agree with Bay. I love those crinkle/wrinkle hoses that collapse when empty of water. But they only last about 10 months. I love them so much that I just buy one every year.

Mary

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I agree with Bay. I love those crinkle/wrinkle hoses that collapse when empty of water. But they only last about 10 months. I love them so much that I just buy one every year.

Mary

I get the heavy duty contractor ones for the seasonal clients home. So far so good, they've lasted 3 years now.

Cane I have a Petzl Tikkina that I use, but not daily, so I guess this isn't helpful info at all. Heh.
It was $20 bucks, so not prohibitive to replace. It has 3 light settings, and the brightest is blinding!

Latest posts