Attracting Ladybugs(or ladybugs)(whatever)

Sindoora

Sprout
Reaction score
Ok well I sound weird but there are tons of tiny green bugs on our roses :rose. Well we need to somehow get ladybugs here. How do I do it?

:rose :dance :bouquet :happy_flower :throw :bee :coolsun :mow :weight :watering :tools :rainbow-sun :dance :rose

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The green bugs are probably aphids.

The flowers of some herbs like cilantro, dill, fennel, caraway and yarrow attract ladybugs.

White flowers are usually what attracts lady bugs, cosmos, queen anne's lace, feverfew, baby's breath, etc.

I would recommend purchasing some from a local source or an online one and releasing them in the evening. Put them in the fridge overnight or during the day before you release them. It will make them less prone to flying away.

They need a food source (aphids and other soft bodied insects) flowers for pollen and a small source of water (usually a good spray on plants will suffice). If you have all that you should have no problems with attracting them. If, however, you or your neighbors use insecticides or herbicides, this may put a damper on your populations since they are very sensitive. I'd recommend purchasing a batch and try to reestablish your population.

Latest posts