Back scratcher

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Do they make an automatic one for dogs? Neighbor just put one in for dairy. Funny to watch them line up for their turn. Turns on when cow goes under it pushing it up. Nylon bristles

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
[QUOTE="seedcorn, post: 203686, member: 794"]Do they make an automatic one for dogs? Neighbor just put one in for dairy. Funny to watch them line up for their turn. Turns on when cow goes under it pushing it up. Nylon bristles[/QUOTE]

Yes. They do indeed. You'll find it attached right there on the free end of your arm. They come in pairs.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
and the best part is when you get done they give you a kiss...... it makes my day :hugs
and they really like a good rub on the rear....

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Let me introduce you to our dog. There is no STOP. He will squeeze between couch and under your legs, then he goes forward and back over and over and over........

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think that @Nyboy and @AMKuska will have ideas on this.

It might be a good shampoo ... and we aren't at an easy time of the year for that.

This is a "doggy bunch," here on TEG! I've gotten a fair amount of experience the last few years with giving 7# dogs baths because DW has exacting requirements whenever Garbanzo and Waffles are over for a visit.

Steve

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
there are numerous possibilities for his problem.
poor diet
low humidity
health issues
needs a good bath with conditioner
does this happen year round or only wintertime my dogs goes nut during wintertime due to low humidity and get a good bath every week.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
He does it because he loves his back scratched. I'd do it as well if wife would scratch my back

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
DH just got his THIRD back scratcher for Xmas. Its a telescoping one. This one goes in the trailer. He seems to have just ONE spot on his back that needs scratching all the time. It must be a nerve gone wrong.....

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some dogs do just love having their back scratched. :)

If his coat is shiny and soft without holes in it, his skin smooth without any redness, bumps, or sores, and he doesn't have a strong "Doggy" odor, I'd assume he just likes a good butt itching. I don't believe there are any dog back scratchers on the market but I don't see why you couldn't make one scaled down to dog size. We used to make horse ones with old push broom heads strapped to braces. The horses would go to town scratching themselves with it.

What breed is he? Some dogs feel itchy when they are shedding their coats, and if you have a lab etc. that's pretty much all the time! ;-)

Latest posts