Banded Metal Hanging Basket

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
The second one looks deeper, which would be better. Can't comment other than that, as I haven't ever owned one, but we planted and sold them at the nursery I used to work at.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sprig', at the greenhouses where I used to work, we put together baskets for Memorial Day.

I'm a little reluctant to tell you what we used but recognize that you, at least, have a respect for nature. I hope others won't be careless with collecting materials and making moss baskets.

The greenhouse had permission to gather material on the property of the local utility company. Honestly, I couldn't see where we had been on a previous year. There was a good amount of exposed rock and even cliffs on their property. Where there was also shade, moss and rock plants grew well. We would line what might have been the cheapest wire baskets made with this material, fill the remaining space with potting soil, and plant annuals.

Frequent watering saved the moss and even that stuff began to grow. After about 3 weeks, the basket could be sold :).

Steve

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I only have 1 hanging basket filled with bacopa. It looks great but is too much of a pain to be watering every other day. For that reason I don't like hanging baskets. Too much work for me.

Mary

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary have you tried water storing crystals ? Only way I can keep my window boxes alive. You mix crystals with soil, they store water and release it when soil drys out

Latest posts