Baymule’s 2020 Garden

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
IF I can ever pick up a good melon and the grocery store or farm stand, how do I go about doing this, I think the grandkids would like it.

henless

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Love your strainer! I've got tomatoes to do tomorrow also. I think I've got 25 or so pints put up?

Never had cantaloupe jerky. Sounds yum!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Love your strainer! I've got tomatoes to do tomorrow also. I think I've got 25 or so pints put up?

Never had cantaloupe jerky. Sounds yum!

I’ve had that strainer 45 years and it was old when I got it. I did a search on EBay a few years ago, expecting to find them priced in hundreds of dollars. Nope. $15-$25! I use it every year, I love it!

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
How do you make the tomato sauce? The Smol Person just discovered tomato soup, and is a big fan.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
How do you make the tomato sauce? The Smol Person just discovered tomato soup, and is a big fan.

Cut tomatoes in quarters, core, cut off blossom end black spot and any bad spots. Cook on medium low until soft and gooshy. Strain out seeds and skins, wash pot, return juice to pot. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently so bottom doesn’t scorch. When it is at desired thickness, can as usual.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
A neighbor came over this morning and helped me roll back the weed cloth and pull all the crabgrass that was flourishing underneath it. Then we rolled it back and weighted it back down with the bricks we removed in order to roll it up. We started at 6:30 AM to noon, we took several water breaks. The pigs were in their pen yelling at me so I threw them wads of crabgrass. I threw wagon loads over the fence to the sheep. I gave the neighbor 3 packages of pork chops, he was delighted.

Husband fell off the back step a few evenings ago. He didn’t fall just the 3’ of the step, but another 3’ into a hole the dog dug. She had exposed a pipe and hubby smacked that with the small of his back. I ran out, helped him up and got him inside. He is very sore, huge black bruise and a scraped arm, but nothing broken.

Our backyard looks like bombs went off in it due to my psycho dog digging deep holes. She’s 12 years old, it’s not going to change, I go out and fill them in but I neglected my duties lately. Never find all the dirt anyway, I think it vaporizes, never to be seen again.

So that’s why the neighbor came over to help and I was glad. He also had Nerf bars to fit a 4 door Ford truck, showed me pictures. The plastic pads have come off the bars on DH’s truck, so I was extremely interested. How much? He told me $40, I said sold! He went home and brought them back, DH admired them, I passed neighbor $40 and told DH they were his. Neighbor is coming back tomorrow to put them on for $20. Can’t beat a deal like that! While it didn’t help DH’s sore back any, it sure made him happy.

Latest posts