Baymule’s Farm

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
24-D kills broad-leafs leaving grass behind. @baymule you can use in pasture as a killer of broadleaves you don’t want. Don’t spray the ones you don't want. I’d carry a 1 gallon sprayer with every time I walked in pasture to view sheep. I’d spray something I didn’t want.

It’s available on Amazon. Buy the 2.5 gallon container. You will use it with as much as you will be spraying. It’s much cheaper per gallon. CrossRoad is a generic version.

Last edited:

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
24-D kills broad-leafs leaving grass behind. @baymule you can use in pasture as a killer of broadleaves you don’t want. Don’t spray the ones you don't want. I’d carry a 1 gallon sprayer with every time I walked in pasture to view sheep. I’d spray something I didn’t want.

It’s available on Amazon. Buy the 2.5 gallon container. You will use it with as much as you will be spraying. It’s much cheaper per gallon. CrossRoad is a generic version.
What is the withholding time between spraying and letting animals back on pasture?

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I try to keep my horses off for a good month, or treat on a very warm winter day a good two months before they would graze any pasture.
If you use any herbicide you COULD lay down cardboard on top and then dump your animals manure (or + soiled bedding) on top. Your animals won't touch anything below this.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Label says 14 days.

Don’t believe it will hurt sheep but need time for leaves to incorporate chemical, deliver it to roots and start the process of killing said weed.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
By the time fences are sprayed, it dies, fence rows get cleaned up and new fence put up, it will be safe for animals.
But this means I can’t spot spray the pasture the sheep are in now. Not taking chances with my sheep and dogs.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I gave Cooper the ram one of my precious cattle syrup tubs for hay. I make a nice pile of hay, he eats his fill, pees and poops on it, then sleeps on the pile at night. So what does he do? RAMS it of course! He scattered the hay, having a great time with the tub. Grumble grumble grumble, I picked up tub, picked up hay and he came to me for face rubs. He loves face rubs and closes his eyes in pure enjoyment. :love:love All is forgiven.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sheba with her sheep yesterday.

C4D73B3D-B201-47DF-B9B8-C8D5BA935092.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Guys came back yesterday and got first load of wood. They loaded up a cord, figure there’s another maybe 2 cords on the ground. Face cord or full cord? I don’t know, but that was one ancient monster tree.

One cut rounds off the butt end to make end tables with. Turns out he and his wife make all kinds of custom stuff.

I’ve made them a deal to clean a short span of fence row, maybe 300’ in exchange for 20 pine trees that have to come down. The craft guy is keeping all the rusty barn wire to make stuff with. They killed a copperhead while chainsawing through the brush. He was happy to have it, he makes beautiful things out of the snakeskins too.

He offered me a drill stem pipe gate entry for $400, installed. I’m thinking I’ll take that deal. I have a few stalks of drill stem myself plus some 3 1/2” or maybe 4” heavy wall pipe too. He offered to weld up some corner braces for me. Set ‘em deep, concrete them in and they will last longer than I do.

They are going to pile everything up so I can burn it. I get that monster downed dead tree gone, the pines in the fence row cut and gone, the fence row all cleaned up ready for new fence, all the rotten posts and old wire gone and it ain’t costing me a thing. They get to sell the firewood, get oak rounds for tables, old barbed wire for crafts, some pine timber to sell, and even a copperhead. We are all happy!