Baymule’s Yard

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
In Lindale we planted 4 crepe myrtles at the front gate. They were a burgundy color and so pretty when they bloomed!

2F18F08D-733B-4E54-8006-719E017480F6.jpeg

Crealcritter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I’ll have them out of here hopefully in another week or two. I’ll move them across the driveway, but have to build something for the puppy so he can get away from the ram. Cooper wasn’t raised with dogs and he will but them. Don’t want the puppy to get slammed.
Ram lamb vs Pup 🤔 I think you made the right decision to try and keep the peace.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
There are some canna lilies growing on a creek crossing on my road. It’s a large culvert with earth over it and rock for the road. I was planning on digging some up for my yard. Until…… a neighbor told me the story of how they came to be there. The first house on the road belongs to a man, my age, and the house and farm belonged to his parents. They lived in Houston and the farm was their weekend place. The father had a Golden Retriever that he greatly loved. Someone shot his dog and left it by the creek in a trash bag. The father, greatly grieved, buried his beloved dog right there and planted canna lilies from the yard on top of the dog.

Ohh….. that is Sacred Ground. I cannot dig those canna lilies! I saw the son, now retired, his parents gone, out in his yard and stopped for a chat. I told him what I had learned and assured him that I was not going to desecrate his father’s dog’s grave. He told me his yard had plenty of canna lilies and I was welcome to have some.

A few days later, canna lilies showed up at the end of my driveway. I planted them between the crepe myrtles.

066FAEAE-AB47-4DDD-A228-AB430E251FEC.jpeg

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I got more flowers!! Sent to me by a friend here on TEG!

I forgot the name, it’s on a bag, on the porch and I just sat down, I’ll get it later.

1683148049467.jpeg

And day lilies , iris, Lily of the valley, toad lilies! I’m so excited! I planted them in my front yard flower bed. It’s got a LOT of weeds and grass in it. But it’s a start.

IMG_4219.jpeg

IMG_4220.jpeg

IMG_4221.jpeg

IMG_4222.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4222.jpeg
    IMG_4222.jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 54

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I planted the toad lilies in a pot and put them by the water faucet on the side of the house. They need partial shade.

I also planted 2 Tiff Blue blueberries. Instructions were detailed on spreading the roots, but there were hardly any roots, just 2 little green sticks with barely any roots.

Latest posts