BBC's Autumnwatch 2018 in New England

thejenx

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Springwatch, Autumnwatch and Winterwattch are annual BBC television series which chart the fortunes of British wildlife during the changing of the seasons in the United Kingdom. The programmes are broadcast live from locations around the country in a primetime evening slot on BBC Two.

It's the only show I watch on live television. I love to see all the wildlife they follow during a 2-3 week period. This is the 1st time they went outside of the U.K., a chance for me to see animals we don't have over here. I don't know if you can receive BBC 2, but I highly recommend watching! ;)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02cj9gx

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
This is on the opposite side of the continent but we have saw-whet owls. I have seen them hiding in bushes during daylight walks in the woods. One morning, I opened the curtains in my front room and there was a saw-whet in the tree, about 15' or 20' away. I don't know which one of us was more startled ..!

Raccoons. This summer I was wondering to the neighbor about the absence of the squirrels running along my fence. She said, "yeah, but my boyfriend said that there was a raccoon on the fence when he came home late."

"Oh no!!" Squirrels are bad enough. I don't want raccoons! Not 3 days later, there was a dead raccoon on the nearby street. He must have zigged when he should have zagged. Slight downhill so a driver would have had trouble seeing him. I may have dodged some trouble, tho ... unless there is more than one. Tree squirrels are back. Maybe they left the immediate neighborhood for awhile because of that raccoon.

Steve

Latest posts