Beans held hostage!!!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thai beans being held hostage! Ransom demands include sweet pickles! It's a conspiracy! Now there's two voices!!!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thought I was off the hook for sweet pickles because we couldn't find pickling lime anywhere, but noooo. Dana Clause took care of that little problem. Only now do I learn that I was set up.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Darling, after 25 years, you should know, never under estimate me or my ability to find something I really want. If I really want it bad enough I always find a way to get it. :gig :gig :hugs

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I didn't have enough cucumbers in the garden to make sweet pickles. So, I drove to Rogers, OH (two hour round trip) and bought a bushel of pickling cucumbers. Heck, at $20 a bushel, how could I pass it up? So, now I have a five gallon bucket full of sliced cucumbers soaking in lime and cold water.

I'll pay the ransom! But I need more time!!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
:lol: It's time to let everyone else in on the joke. Here goes.....

Dew wanted Monty to make the sweet pickles from the recipe I posted.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=35008

Monty only wanted DILL pickles, Dew wanted SWEET pickles. The sweet pickle recipe calls for lime. To his credit, Monty made a search for pickling lime, but to no avail. The stores were sold out. Awwww, gee too bad, guess 'ol Monty is just gonna have to make ALL DILL pickles! :smack Dew sent me a PM, joking that I would have to send her some lime from Texas-I replied and told her I would send her lime for the SWEET pickles. In the meantime, Monty was PM'ing me asking for green bean seed. So I sent Dew the pickling lime and put the green bean seed in the box for Dew to hold until Monty made her the SWEET pickles! :clap

Monty's cucumbers have bit the dust for the season (funny how that happens AFTER he has made all the DILL pickles he wants!) :lol: So, to get his grubby paws on the green bean seeds I sent to him (in care of Dew) he had to drive an hour away to BUY more cucumbers to make Dew her SWEET pickles!! :gig

Baymule--who sends subliminal messages to MontyJ to make Dew her SWEET pickles!

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Should have seen the look on my face when Dew said the beans showed up.

She said, "You don't get these beans until I get my sweet pickles!"

I told her, "But I don't have any lime." She says "Oh yes you do," and pulled a bag out of the box.

:ep

"But, but..I don't have any cucumbers left!" :plbb

"I'll bet you can find some at Rogers." :somad

I know that look.

:bow "Yes dear."

Some gardener I am. I had to buy cucumbers. CUCUMBERS!! What gardener worth his weight in compost has to buy cucumbers?? It was a very embarrassing and traumatic experience.

But, on the bright side, it takes exactly 1/2 bushel of cucumbers to make Bays recipe. I bought a full bushel, so more DILL pickles!!! :weee

Latest posts