Bedbugs And Landfill

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Past 2 days I have been passing a headboard on the curb. I have noticed a lot of furnture that is being throwen away not being picked up by people. Around here if you spotted something in the trash you had to stop or it would be gone when you came back. I once saw a mission style desk might have been a antique sit 3 days waiting for garbge pick up. Only thing I can think of is people are afraid to bring bedbugs home. Are you noticing the same where you live?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
My neighbor in her 80's took in a relative of hers for 6 weeks who had broken her leg. Cost her over $2000 to have an exterminator rid her house of the bed bugs her guest brought with her. They also spread to her ex-husband's house next door as he usually eats dinner over there and cost him over $2000 too. No good deed goes unpunished? She told us not to come visit until she is sure they are all gone.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
It seems like bugs of all kinds are becoming troublesome. They also are getting hard to kill because poisons are becoming ineffective as they are exposed over many generations.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
TempoSC says it will kill bed bugs. $45 makes enough to treat about 20 houses....

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
A lot of my clients would never admit it to there friends, but have had their kids returning home from collage with them. I freak when ever I find a tiny bug.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Several years back, there was a lot of furniture on the curb in the city nearby. Turns out that the sewer backed up during a week of heavy rains, flooding a lot of basements in one part of town. Most of that furniture had been exposed to sewage... one has to wonder if some of the garbage pickers were aware of that.

Not to get too far off topic, but my local news just mentioned head lice. They spread more quickly this time of year, when everyone is wearing (and hanging up) more clothing, especially hats. In the past, when lice were detected in school, the parents of all children in that classroom were notified. Now the school administrators have decided to discontinue those notifications... because they "stigmatize" certain children, or something. Apparently they would rather allow the lice to spread??? :somad

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
They are just insects. Kill them, move on. My son got them in his apartment. They charged him over $1000 to clean up one room. I'm fairly certain they used TempoSC to clean them up. Not a bad profit...

Latest posts