Big elephant dung sale at Louisville Zoo

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sometimes you have to see to believe! Now why doesn't my city have a zoo? LOL

elephant-size-poop.jpg

You can purchase quality hardwood bark mulch mixed with elephant dung from 8 a.m. to noon September 19 and 26 and October 3. The rich compost mixture contains Zoo Poopy Doo, hay, straw, and wood shavings.
full article here: http://www.examiner.com/x-3747-Loui...m9d9-Big-elephant-dung-sale-at-Louisville-Zoo

I think a truckload of this is really cheap! :tools

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
You can make your purchases at the ticket windows (in front of the Zoo entrance gates) and then collect your mulch or compost in the Zoos bus parking lot. The mulch sells for $25 per load for small pick-up truck, and $40 per load for medium to full size pick-up truck. The compost is $35 per scoop.
High I'd like 2 tickets for the zoo and one small load of dung, thank you!

bug2.gif

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow, I must be manifesting today!

This morning's walk (yes through the pecan orchard LOL), we turned West and headed down a long irrigation ditch. To one side they put in the City water lines in anticipation of development.

To my surprise! There on the side of the dirt road, down the edge a bit, is a big ole pile of old horse manure. It is pretty crumbled and dried and so must have been there a bit. There was even a big patch of mushrooms growing up through it!

So, finally I am back home and having my first cup of coffee. I aim to jump in the truck and head on over there and shovel up some of that fine Treasure.

I would have loved the Lottery, but poop is fine by me! :weee

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
Wow, I must be manifesting today!

This morning's walk (yes through the pecan orchard LOL), we turned West and headed down a long irrigation ditch. To one side they put in the City water lines in anticipation of development.

To my surprise! There on the side of the dirt road, down the edge a bit, is a big ole pile of old horse manure. It is pretty crumbled and dried and so must have been there a bit. There was even a big patch of mushrooms growing up through it!

So, finally I am back home and having my first cup of coffee. I aim to jump in the truck and head on over there and shovel up some of that fine Treasure.

I would have loved the Lottery, but poop is fine by me! :weee

Ron
Nice find!
I must see a picture of the mushrooms! Bag that baby to save the spores. ;)

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OK,

I am back. I did a fine job of clean-up. No one could tell there was ever a pile there.

I gathered all the mushrooms and I am warming up my batteries to my camera this morning. I will take a picture if you think someone can identify them. :ep

Ron

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
IS there even such a thing as "small" elephant dung? LOL

Pat
Well Pat glad you asked!

Here at injunjoe's jungle

We do have "small Elephant dung"

I was just lucky enough to just catch one in the act!

Aye' shes a bute mate, move in and and take a closer look, careful now, not to close mate'

Aye can smell that? aw thats nice'

100_7574.jpg

Latest posts