Bitten by the succulent bug!

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am hooked. I have planted a few in the rock garden and a stray pot or two, now I am finding more COOL succulents and things to plant them in ! HELP.... it is an addiction. Please tell me I am not alone. :p
008.JPG
013.JPG
050.JPG

When these I have bloomed I got excited and started hunting for More.
066.JPG

Made this planter on vacation and left with cousin, hunting for one for me now.
023.JPG
003.JPG

Recent pot finds. Clay one is a candle holder.
041.JPG

Now I have the ceramic bowl, needs drain hole drilled 1st. And the galvanized pan about 18 inches across and 4 inches deep. Just brought home a box of plants to put in these.

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
You are the only one..... No one else grows these but you, only you. In fact some on here find them totally disgusting.

Enjoy your addiction. I know of no help group-& it is definetly not here. Feel better?

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
My DW loves succulents also she has them inside and out. She always looking for new varieties that can live in our climate, and containers to plant them in. She has a pretty large collection/hoard lol.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are gorgeous, Carol Dee. I think it is their textures and geometric patterns that are so appealing. That first one looks like roses! I hear they are very simple to propagate, from their babies, of course, but also from single leaves. I bought two at Lowe's recently, but they are no where near as cool as yours.

Nenebynature

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning collection! I love the troll So cute. I saw a succulent planter made from and old metal bed pan the other day. Hilrious. These plants just really lend themselves to fun! I have some, but I'm crap at overwintering them in my house. I just don't have good lighting inside.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Absolutely stunning collection! I love the troll So cute. I saw a succulent planter made from and old metal bed pan the other day. Hilrious. These plants just really lend themselves to fun! I have some, but I'm crap at overwintering them in my house. I just don't have good lighting inside.
Well, I am about to find out if I can! Lighting is an issue here, too. DH has grow lights in basement for overwintering some larger pots and starting next summers vegetables, we shall see. :fl

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
We overwintered our smaller pots in a large south facing window in our daylight basement. The large pots were put in the greenhouse and were fine. The things planted in the ground stayed there over the winter . We found out which plants are hardy for our zone, most of them made it without water in the greenhouse all winter. If you take the pots indoors for the winter cut the water in half or more and they will be fine.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
We overwintered our smaller pots in a large south facing window in our daylight basement. The large pots were put in the greenhouse and were fine. The things planted in the ground stayed there over the winter . We found out which plants are hardy for our zone, most of them made it without water in the greenhouse all winter. If you take the pots indoors for the winter cut the water in half or more and they will be fine.
Thanks

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
UPDATE
I never got this photo posted after getting some new plants in the galvanized pan.
Succulents Sept 2017 (3).JPG

then disaster struck (almost) Big rain and wind this a.m. took out my patio umbrella and that shattered the table the plants where near. Lots of glasses and things from on table ended up ON TOP.
008.JPG
Luckily I was able to clean it all out with minor breakage. (Those I can use as starts for more!)