blue french fries

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
...Commercial chemical to kill foliage! That might be okay for the big corporations but for the family gardener, waiting for foliage to die back, cutting the still-greenish foliage off, or stealing potatoes from beneath the plant are all preferable. Of course, you do live in Potato Haven/Heaven...
Betwixt and between the potato heavens ... I don't think even in the Andes, they are trying to grow potatoes on glacial till :\.

I have no interest in the chemical used other than its food industry use is another good reason for me to grow my own spuds.

No, I don't have good humidity in my basement room. With some modifications, it might be better but the first step for me would be to grow late-maturing varieties and harvest after frost. I like growing the earlies too well.

Steve

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are beautiful fries Major! And pretty potatoes in the before pic too.

My best friend since high school has been visiting this weekend and brought the seven year old foster daughter that they are adopting. I took her out to the potato patch and we pulled the Magic Molly's, which are dark beautiful silky purple from skin to heart.
Then she helped me prepare them for dinner ( eighthed and roasted).
She thought they were pretty but was hesitant to eat them. Once tasted she gave them the Kid Seal of Approval. :)

I love all those fancy colored spuds! The MM's are great keepers too. I saved a few back from last year to plant this spring.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Those are beautiful fries Major! And pretty potatoes in the before pic too.

My best friend since high school has been visiting this weekend and brought the seven year old foster daughter that they are adopting. I took her out to the potato patch and we pulled the Magic Molly's, which are dark beautiful silky purple from skin to heart.
Then she helped me prepare them for dinner ( eighthed and roasted).
She thought they were pretty but was hesitant to eat them. Once tasted she gave them the Kid Seal of Approval. :)

I love all those fancy colored spuds! The MM's are great keepers too. I saved a few back from last year to plant this spring.
O.K. sold Magic Molly's are on my shopping list. :)

Latest posts